Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I personally don't think it can stand on its own, but I'm not a fan of any nicknames as names. To me, it is a bit less distinguished and quirky than your other names.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I love the name Nigella. I think you could use the NN Nell for that name. I also love the NN Mel i.e. for Melanie.
    Ulysses & Godiva

Seabrook | Lyon | Falcon | Lucius Artorius | Bardyllis | Chivalry | Whiskey | Varro | Auberon | Sovereign

Winter Rose | Emerald | Autumn Grace | Hazel | Maebry | Ulyssia | Pandora Rose | Chardonnay | Alaska | Summer Eve | Charlette | Ivy | Asfodelle | Marquesa | Titania | India Ruby | Goldhazel | Ulissa | Isabeau | Liberty | Vivaldi | Ferelith | Juniper | Violet | Odette Leda Snow | Utopia | Hermione

avxl: Thank you! I'm not a big fan of the name Nellie/Nelly either, but I wouldn't be opposed to using it as a nickname while a hypothetical Nell is young. I live in Australia, so the connection to the rapper isn't strong for me. I actually had forgotten all about him until you mentioned it. Nelya is interesting, do you happen to know the correct pronunciation?

finch: Nella is sweet. Thank you! That's the only thing I'm worried about with Nell, I think - the shortness of it. I agree that it doesn't fit the best with my current favourites, but as long as it's not too out of place? Thanks for the suggestions, I've been warming to Cornelia lately, but I absolutely love Cordelia, and I'm too much of a perfectionist to add both Cordelia and Cornelia to what I call my "short list." Fenella is also gorgeous, but apparently it's an Anglicization of Fionnuala? Again, here's the perfectionist and OCD tendencies beginning to talk - I already have Fionnuala on my master list and can't quite justify adding Fenella too. At least not yet.

nooshi: Thank you so much! You got me to see that Nell doesn't stand out too hopelessly.

tfzolghadr: I'm generally not a fan of nicknames as full names either, but this one is starting to become an exception. That's one of the drawbacks from the name, that it doesn't fit in easily with my other favourites. Thank you for the feedback.

oceansunrise: Thank you for the feedback. While Nigella is quite attractive, it's too attached to the celebrity cook for my liking - it's like another Madonna.

Anyone else?
    Harriet // 18 // books, tea & names.

Help me discover a Nameberry Top 20!
    l‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾l
    Antigone, August, Cordelia,
    Edmund, Felix, Florence,
    Guinevere, Harriet, Henry,
    Hermione, Ignatius, Jasper,
    Lysander, Magnus, Ottilie,
    Oliver, Persephone, Sibyl,
    Sebastian & Xanthe.
    l_________________________l
    Ladies & Gentlemen

Nell is one o fmy favourite names of all time. I am British and we love short nn's.