Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Accomplishments!

So, today has begun in a very big way for me. With a grand total of 157,207 words, 27 chapters, a prologue and an epilogue, the first draft of 'The Self Invention' was finally finished at exactly midnight after one year, five months and twenty five days.

You'll be pleased to know that I didn't explode.

TSI is the first lengthy piece I've written that I'd seriously consider trying to get published at some point and I'm a little bit proud of it; as proud as an English person is allowed to be about their own work

Anyway, in order not to start a thread in which I merely toot my own horn* I thought I'd get everyone to post something that made them feel good about themselves. Berries, what are your recent accomplishments? Big or small, it doesn't matter. If it had a positive impact on you, share it

P.S Those reading TSI can expect the final chapters within a week.

*See the aforementioned English pride guilt.
    Last edited by renrose; June 25th, 2014 at 07:25 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Congratulations, renrose!
    A month ago I finished re-writing the longest story I've ever done, a romantic comedy called A Good Beginning Makes a Good Ending. Now I'm working on another one (called I Fell in Love with Melancholy; the title is a line from an Edgar Allan Poe poem) and wrote a lot yesterday, which made me feel very self-satisfied!
    Last edited by caritas; June 25th, 2014 at 10:53 PM.
    ~Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est. Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor~

~Cecilia~Maire~Lucy~Theodora~Brigid~Sophie~Kelly~N iamh~Kathleen
    ~Nora~Beatrice~Genevieve~Eilidh~Juliet~Sylvie~Fion nuala~Fleur
    Eamon+Dominic+Paul+Austin+John+Emmet+Seamus
    Benedict+Vincent+George+Peter+Leo+Hugh

Considering changing my user name...

That's fantastic. I haven't had any notable accomplishments lately but I wanted to say congratulations!
    Hypatia
    Elias lost July 2012 | not currently expecting

My Top Combos
    : Nella Cordelia Fern • Jessamy Fern • Hazel Audrey • Ada Cordelia • Faye _____
    : Charleston Thaddeus [Wolfe] • Ralph Icarus [John] • _____

formerly @thejollyfinch

Hooray!

I think mine was probably cleaning my room from top to bottom just now, I've never, ever EVER been an organised or tidy person, but now I'm gradually getting my life sorted before I'm off to college in 2015

In all seriousness though, my proudest accomplishment happened when I was 17 and working at a school for the visually impaired as part of my high school courses (bit like a work experience placement). In the grade 2/3 class I was in, the one little girl, Emma, was sort of 'helped' throughout elementary school, and had only just completed the required medical testing to enter the school. When she got there, because she was not only visually impaired, but also delayed in her learning, Emma could not read, write, count objects, or spell her name. The classroom teacher made it like, my project, to help Emma spell/recognise her name. I started in the middle of September, when the only letter she knew was E, and when I left in January, she was spelling her name to me, and on my last day, she wrote her name down on the Goodbye picture/card she had made me. I actually started to cry, I felt so good after that!
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Congratulations! You must be so happy that's it all done and dusted!

I've not really had many accomplishments recently. Does not burning dinner tonight count? Hmm...my greatest accomplishment in my life so far was last year when my students got their exam results and when my students learn something or figure something out, there is nothing better as a teacher than seeing your students thrive!
    Molly: mummy, wife, vintage lover, and teacher!
    Married to Simon with a beautiful baby girl who changed our world: Nettie Claudia Appleby ~ 25th of July 2014

Bryony|Lydia|Vera|Petra|Imogen|Sadie|Monica|Georgi ana|Anneliese|Zara|Clara|Adeline|Lois|Sophia|Karin |Aurora|Lucille|Erica|Mercy|Blythe|Felicity

Jude|Oscar|Xavier|Patrick|Bart|Felix|Nathaniel|Fre derick|Isaac|Evan|Theodore|Adam|Jasper|Callum|Ezra |Ezekiel|Henry|Samson|Niall|Percy|Barney|Seamus|Ha velock