Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need some honesty here

What do you think of this sibset?

Winter Story- Winter is mom's maiden name and Story is the county I went to college at, plus my partner's and I's meeting is quite the story to tell!

Joseph Gabriel- Joseph is a family name on my side and my partner's. Gabriel is the family business's name on my side.

Ada Kimberly- My partner was a computer major, so he loves Ada computer language and the whole first woman computer programmer. Kim is his mom's name.

Please let me know what you think! I put a lot of thought into these.
    Looking for that right name for future baby.

Girls: Winter nn Winnie, Sunday nn Sunny, Boheme nn Bo, Olive, Martha nn Mattie, Naomi, Gemma, Augusta, Ada
    Boys: Van, August,Oliver, Paul, Hawk, Edward, Boaz, David, Neil, Milan, Joseph

A lot of ppl come on here wanting their kids names to "match" or "flow"... But I have to say every name you have chosen seems to be really special. They all mean something to you. Do they technically match, no, but I think they are all great names, FN & MN!!

I would possibly suggest switching the boys names, Gabriel Joseph.
    Not expecting...yet! Just love names!
    Lyric | Ophelia | Shiloh | Delilah | Everly | Leilani | Fianna | Seraphina | Monet | Meadow | Letty | Sinclaire
    Ezra | River | Jasper | August | Ace | Dominick | Abel | Lincoln | Jett | Silas | Lucien | Maverick | Beau

Love Ada and Joseph together and don't think that Winter fits in very well. It's not a word name that is used very often, definitely not an established name in general while Ada and Joseph are both names with a long history of usage.
    I also think that Winter Story is too much of a thing, it's not a summer story but a winter one, you get me here?
    I think if you want to use all three names together, I would pair Ada with Story and use Winter Kimberly just so she has a more normal name to fall back on and Ada could go by something just as quirky as her sister if she wanted to.
    Ophelia Rosalind Clara | Elliott Caspar Frederick

Flora Eloise Cordelia + Theo Kasimir Edmund + Penelope Ida Leonor

Arthur "Artie" & Lucinda "Lucy"

Winter Story is extremely cheesy and a little silly, I'm afraid. It's a great idea to use your maiden name, but I wouldn't pair it with another word name.

Winter Kimberly, Joseph Gabriel, and Ada Story would be lovely.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

I love names with personal meaning no matter what style they are! So in my opinion that means you can't go wrong!

I know it's a very well-received name, but I'm not a fan of Winter, personally. It's not even the name, I just despise the snow and cold so much I just couldn't name my child after it, haha.

Story and Ada (as a nn for Adelaide) are on my list as well and I don't even have cool ties to them like you do! Agree with previous posts that Ada Story or Winter Kimberly are better matchups though.

I Like the boys name too. I don't have many classics for boys that are favorites, but if I had to pick one it would definitely be Joseph. (Love Josiah even more!)
    Top 20
    Silas/Cyrus~Gideon~Jasper~Mack(Cormac)~Callum
    Gus(August)~Abram(Abraham)~Everett~Langston~Jed/Jeb(Jedidiah/Jebediah)
    Rafferty~Leo(Leander)~Tobin~Archie(Archer)~Ike(Mic ah)
    Dexter~Remy(Jeremiah)~Ezra~Raleigh~Linc(Lincoln)

Willa(Wilhelmina)~Selah~Lettie(Arletta)~Romy(Rosem ary)~Cora(Coretta)
    Cecelia/Celia~Calla(Calista)~Nola(Magnolia)~Winnie(Winola) ~Maeve
    Rosalie~Maisy~Tilly(Matilda)~Ada(Adelaide)~Junie(J uniper)
    Nova(November)~Tess(Teresa)~Zara~Hazel~Iris

formerly chrbaker