Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

To honour a 'Mary'?

Hey berries, so I've been thinking lately how special it would be to name a daughter after my mother. It would mean so much to both of us since we have such a close bond..the only problem is, her name is Mary and I'm just not that big of a fan.

Any suggestions for names similar to Mary? I do quite like the name Mara, although 'bitter' isn't such a nice meaning lol, and Maya is really pretty but not that close to Mary.
    Current Name Crushes;
    Arya Grace, Ayla Elise, Zahra Rosalie, Elodie Flora, Adelaide Ruby, Amelie Hera, Saphira Hope, Sadie Felice, Norah Celene, Leora Anneliese
    Zephaniah, Soren, Cohen, Landon, Elijah, Malachi, Seth, Reuben, Ezekiel, Zane

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    Pinterest: Darlene Yim

West Michigan
    I love the simple Mary.

Marina? Mariela?
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I like Moira, Mariana, and Marie, but they all have the same 'bitter' meaning as Mary.
    Wholock | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | Teenberry (17) 😏
    Future mummy, dreaming of...
    Little Misses Combos ✦ Pandora • Demelza • Beatrix • Marigold ✦
    ✦ Crushing on... Atticus - William - John - Francis George - Anna - Artemis ✦
    Mister Men Combos ✦ Caspian | Phoenix | Ptolemy | Horatio ✦
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • BBC Sherlock • His Last Vow •

polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire

The "bitter" meaning is not what you might think. Reading up on the history of the name Mary is absolutely fascinating.

While Marina is a personal favorite, I really like Mara as well... it would fit in with the trendy names of her peers without actually being one of those names. So, best of both worlds!
    Lilibeth Pearl - Odette Lysandra - Allegra Snow - Zinnia Ophélie - Hera Magdalen
    Emery Lawrence - Viggo Augusten - Johan Irving - Anders Maël - Jules Quincy - Magnus Luther