Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What comes to mind when you hear the name "Olympia"?

I mentioned that I loved the name Olympia to a friend who, when discussing a mutual friend, bemoaned the fact that everyone was using her favorite name, Olivia. She gave me the weirdest look and was all "Like Olympia Washington? No." It really never occurred to me that someone would associate the name with that city. So, what is the first thing you think of when you hear the name Olympia? Is it a positive or negative association?
    Lilibeth Pearl - Odette Lysandra - Allegra Snow - Zinnia Ophélie - Hera Magdalen
    Emery Lawrence - Viggo Augusten - Johan Irving - Anders Maël - Jules Quincy - Magnus Luther

The city. But I don't think that's bad, necessarily. It's not like it's Vegas.
    Julia. Teenberry. No kids for a while (obvi) but I want lots in the future.

Girls: Diana, Dorothy, Millicent, Mildred, Matilda, Teagan, Leonora, Henrietta, Afternoon, Prairie. . .

Boys: Leo, Leonardo, Michelangelo, John, Isaac, Isaiah, Samson, Abraham, Gus, Amadeus, Orion. . .

Actually my first thought waas Olympe Maxine from Harry Potter, then the city. But not in a negative way
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Greece, the Olympic Games

I always think of Olympia Dukakis the actress.
    ✯Stephanie May✯
    Kiss a lover,
    Dance a measure,
    Find your name
    And buried treasure.

boysgirls