Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking Nicknames: What are your favourites?

I am quite a fan of nicknames, particularly the older sorts like:
    Winnie
    Connie - Our ex-pharamicist's name, I always thought she was lovely, the only long form I like is Contessa and its completely unusable.
    Bonnie - my good friend and Bonnie Blue was so adorable!
    Etta - Etta James, need I say more?
    Ibby - Found this in a novel and thought it was adorable.
    Tess/Tessa/Essie - My Mama's name is Theresa and goes by Terrie so I love these.
    Ellie - It reminds me of the little girl from The Water Babies.
    Elsie - My great-grandmother's name.
    May - Just has such a gorgeous sweet sound.

What are your favourites?

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

Pippi - the nickname of one Pippi Longstocking, one of my childhood heroines. I like Pip, as in Philip Pirrip of Great Expectations, for boys.
    Meg - I prefer Meg to any of its original forms. It has charisma to me, I don't know why.
    Jess - sounds so bright and happy to me, but I dislike Jessica, and am not in love with Jessamine. Tess and Bess just don't have the same spark, to me.
    Effy - I like the sound, but the sole association people have is with a character from a TV show, and it couldn't short for anything other than Euphemia, really.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Annie - This is my best friends (full) name, and I think that's why I love it so much.
    Cora - I love the sweetness and the vintage charm of Cora, but I don't like it as a full name for some reason. I love Cordelia nn Cora.
    Gwen - This is a new love for me, and I love it as a nickname for Guinevere, Gwendolen and Gwenllian.
    Hattie - There's something about vintage nicknames that I just love. Harriet nn Hattie is perfect.
    Effie/Effy - I can never decide which spelling I prefer for this one, but I've loved it ever since seeing Elizabeth nn Effy on the tv show Skins. (The UK version). It's now a nickname for Persephone on my list.
    Essie - So cute. I love Cressida nn Essie.

I also love Lottie for Charlotte and Bea for Beatrice/Beatrix.
    18 // books, tea & names.

l‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾l
    Antigone, August, Beatrice,
    Cordelia, Edmund, Felix,
    Florence, Harriet, Henry,
    Hermione, Ignatius, Jasper,
    Lottie, Lysander, Magnus,
    Oliver, Persephone, Sibyl &
    Sebastian.
    l_________________________l
    Ladies & Gentlemen

Ellie, Edie, Evie, Athie / Attie, Atta, Rosie, Ru, Mamie, Vinnie, Winnie, Kitty, Annie, Belle, Renny, Nell, Hattie, Hettie, Etta, Else, Elsie, Bee / Bea, Lotte, Lottie, Gussie, Augie, Artie, Hess, Ziggy (I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I love it for Zelda), Florry, Otto (for Ottoline and Ottilie), Ollie, Frankie, Billie, Ama, Lil, Ceil, Fae (for Ferelith. Another stretch. ), Nevie (Genevieve), Mab, Wendy (Gwendolen, but I prefer just Wendy), Van (Evangeline), Teddy (Theodora), Thea, Theo, Dot, Dottie (all ditto), Lamby (Bellamy), Ami (ditto), Delphi (Delphine), Dash (Dasha), Aggie, Raffy, Seffy (Sefarina), Effie, Lennie (Valencia / Valentine), Minnie, Nim (Minerva), Ginny, (Ginevra), Nan (Nanetta), Tabby, Aura (Aurora, Auriel, etc. Prefer just Aura though), Mency (Clemency), Clem, Lou, Louis / Louie, Ursie, Bertie, Essie, Esme (Esmeralda).
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712