Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking Nicknames: What are your favourites?

I am quite a fan of nicknames, particularly the older sorts like:
    Winnie
    Connie - Our ex-pharamicist's name, I always thought she was lovely, the only long form I like is Contessa and its completely unusable.
    Bonnie - my good friend and Bonnie Blue was so adorable!
    Etta - Etta James, need I say more?
    Ibby - Found this in a novel and thought it was adorable.
    Tess/Tessa/Essie - My Mama's name is Theresa and goes by Terrie so I love these.
    Ellie - It reminds me of the little girl from The Water Babies.
    Elsie - My great-grandmother's name.
    May - Just has such a gorgeous sweet sound.

What are your favourites?
    Jessica Emily Faith
    Living in the land of Oz...
    Ronan: For the sake of spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Combo Considerations:
    ★"Abie" Annabeth Lily Pearl ★ "Jem" John Ellis Michael ★ "Maxel' Maxwell Robert Wray ★Jessie Pearl ★ "Cal" Callahan Everett Luke★ Winnie Noelle★ Mary Elle Winter ★ Elijah Ford ★ Viviana Marien ★ Bentley Reed ★ Conrad Heath★

Pippi - the nickname of one Pippi Longstocking, one of my childhood heroines. I like Pip, as in Philip Pirrip of Great Expectations, for boys.
    Meg - I prefer Meg to any of its original forms. It has charisma to me, I don't know why.
    Jess - sounds so bright and happy to me, but I dislike Jessica, and am not in love with Jessamine. Tess and Bess just don't have the same spark, to me.
    Effy - I like the sound, but the sole association people have is with a character from a TV show, and it couldn't short for anything other than Euphemia, really.
    Amedeo Ariel Dmitri Enjolras
    Artemis Cicely Elisabeth Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Rosalie Titania

.・゚*e.
    19-year-old auntie to noah and isabella, passionate feminist, lgbtq+ member and name lover.
    girl names // boy names

Annie - This is my best friends (full) name, and I think that's why I love it so much.
    Cora - I love the sweetness and the vintage charm of Cora, but I don't like it as a full name for some reason. I love Cordelia nn Cora.
    Gwen - This is a new love for me, and I love it as a nickname for Guinevere, Gwendolen and Gwenllian.
    Hattie - There's something about vintage nicknames that I just love. Harriet nn Hattie is perfect.
    Effie/Effy - I can never decide which spelling I prefer for this one, but I've loved it ever since seeing Elizabeth nn Effy on the tv show Skins. (The UK version). It's now a nickname for Persephone on my list.
    Essie - So cute. I love Cressida nn Essie.

I also love Lottie for Charlotte and Bea for Beatrice/Beatrix.
    Antigone Florence Irene - Cordelia Sansa Eleanor - Guinevere Isadora Lottie
    Harriet Ailbhe Temperance * Beatrice Anna Hermione

• • Top 10 Combos • •

Edmund Hartley Fox - Henry Poseidon Arthur - Casimir Otto Endymion
    Percy William Meriadoc * Rudyard Alexander Wulfric

Ellie, Edie, Evie, Athie / Attie, Atta, Rosie, Ru, Mamie, Vinnie, Winnie, Kitty, Annie, Belle, Renny, Nell, Hattie, Hettie, Etta, Else, Elsie, Bee / Bea, Lotte, Lottie, Gussie, Augie, Artie, Hess, Ziggy (I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I love it for Zelda), Florry, Otto (for Ottoline and Ottilie), Ollie, Frankie, Billie, Ama, Lil, Ceil, Fae (for Ferelith. Another stretch. ), Nevie (Genevieve), Mab, Wendy (Gwendolen, but I prefer just Wendy), Van (Evangeline), Teddy (Theodora), Thea, Theo, Dot, Dottie (all ditto), Lamby (Bellamy), Ami (ditto), Delphi (Delphine), Dash (Dasha), Aggie, Raffy, Seffy (Sefarina), Effie, Lennie (Valencia / Valentine), Minnie, Nim (Minerva), Ginny, (Ginevra), Nan (Nanetta), Tabby, Aura (Aurora, Auriel, etc. Prefer just Aura though), Mency (Clemency), Clem, Lou, Louis / Louie, Ursie, Bertie, Essie, Esme (Esmeralda).
    Mary, Esther, Mirabelle, Susanna, Camellia, Francesca, Dominica, Bellamy, Rose, Raphaela.

Amias, Moses, Bellamy, Bertie, Raphael, Abraham, Frank, George, Ezekiel.