Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Please help! Names are all over the place and nothing seems right

We are expecting baby number 3 in a couple of weeks, we know it is a boy but are really struggling with names.

We already have Bay Rose (girl) and Leo Ash, the children are half indian and half white British and have a very common 2 syllable indian surname.

We have a few ideas but haven't fallen in love with anything and actually found it really hard to name our other son. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions, I am open to the very unusual but not really keen on surnames as names

- Rocco - We really like this but we are worried about introducing another nationality into the mix!
    - Finn - husbands favourite, maybe to common, means fair which doesn't seem right either
    - Caspar - I like husband doesn't
    - Quentin - I like husband doesn't
    - Quinn - I like husband doesn't
    - Olin - we both love this but think there might be to many 'o' sounds going on with Leo?
    - Torin - loved this when I saw it written down as I assumed you pronounced to To-rin, I'm not keen on Tor-in as it just doesn't seem natural to say it this way to me
    - Oak - what do you think of this as a first name? It would fit with the 3 letter theme of the others
    - Bodhi - think it might be more of a girls name to hindus

- Rocco - I wouldn't choose it, just because it's the name of a popular adult film star. Do you like Rockley or Rockwell?
    - Finn - I like it and think it matches the names of your other two kids. Don't choose it if the meaning bothers you though.
    - Caspar - Does your husband like Caspian?
    - Quentin/Quinn: would your husband like Quinlan?
    - Torin - the one Torin I know is female, if that makes any difference. What do you think of Tobin (pronounced to-bin)?
    - Oak - I think it's too short and vowel-heavy for a first name. Could maybe use Oakley?
    - Bodhi - I've only ever heard it as a boy's name...

Good luck!
    Not a parent, just a name geek!

I tend to look at syllables over letters and Casper Oak would fit in with that - same number as your other boy and middle is also a nature name.

Bodhi or Bodie is my fathers favorite boys name and had he been let to choose my brothers name this would be it.

- Rocco - We really like this but we are worried about introducing another nationality into the mix!
    Personally I wouldn't worry about another nationality, but it's a bit similar to Leo (2 syllables ending in o)
    - Finn - husbands favourite, maybe to common, means fair which doesn't seem right either
    Goes great with Leo, not as much Bay. Another nature name would be nice. And yes, it is quite on-trend.
    - Caspar - I like husband doesn't.
    Do either of you like Jasper?
    - Quentin - I like husband doesn't
    then strike it off the list
    - Quinn - I like husband doesn't
    same
    - Olin - we both love this but think there might be to many 'o' sounds going on with Leo?
    I don't think the O's are bad. I say keep it on the list, since you both like it! Any interest in Oren? softer O, and means laurel or pine tree.
    - Torin - loved this when I saw it written down as I assumed you pronounced to To-rin, I'm not keen on Tor-in as it just doesn't seem natural to say it this way to me
    I pronounce this TOR-in. I'm not sure what you mean by to-rin... too-rin or toe-rin? Anyway, great name. Not sure about fit with sibs tho.
    - Oak - what do you think of this as a first name? It would fit with the 3 letter theme of the others
    i like the 3 ltr theme, but as long as the name is not more than 2 syllables and 5 letters, i think it works well with sibs. i do like the nature theme.
    - Bodhi - think it might be more of a girls name to hindus
    nice meaning. i like the name, although it reminds me of surfers and skaters, x-gamers, etc.

A couple other ideas:

Rohan (cross-cultural and nature name. also reminds me of the feel of Bodhi)
    Zev (nature - means wolf)
    Rex
    Reed
    Oren, Jasper – mentioned above

Good luck!
    Esme ~ Gwyneth ~ Hazel ~ Margot ~ Penelope ~ Sylvie ~ Thea ~ Vesper
    Archer ~ Donovan ~ Ezra ~ Julian ~ Leo ~ Rhys ~ Theo ~ Vincent