Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Violetta

Violetta

I am really liking this name, but I'm a little curious when it comes to the correct pronunciation of this name. Is it suppose to be vee-oh-let-uh or vie-oh-let-uh? Or are they both correct it just depends on the origin/language you look at? I like both of the ways, but I do prefer one way over the other. I just want to see if the way I prefer is correct or not. Also, I would love to hear your opinions on the name. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I am really liking this name, but I'm a little curious when it comes to the correct pronunciation of this name. Is it suppose to be vee-oh-let-uh or vie-oh-let-uh? Or are they both correct it just depends on the origin/language you look at? I like both of the ways, but I do prefer one way over the other. I just want to see if the way I prefer is correct or not. Also, I would love to hear your opinions on the name. Thanks!
    I love this name, it's so elegant. I personally pronounce the name vie-oh-let-uh however I don't know if it's the correct pronunciation.

: )

I would pronounce Violetta vee-oh-LETT-uh, even though I pronounce Viola VYE-oh-la. I think because Violetta seems Italian maybe? I could be way off there… Either way, it's beautiful!

I pronounce it vee-oh-let-uh. It's such a beautiful name (with either pronunciation)!

Thanks for the feedback! Vie-oh-let-uh is what I prefer, I just wanted to see if it's legit or not.