Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Help us streamline our list, please!

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elsie

4 3.96%
  • Mabel

18 17.82%
  • Violet

29 28.71%
  • Leonie/Lianna/Luella/Layla

9 8.91%
  • Stella/Scarlett

12 11.88%
  • Jemima

5 4.95%
  • Audrey

10 9.90%
  • Isla

3 2.97%
  • Imogen

4 3.96%
  • Amalia

7 6.93%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thanks for all the feedback

It seems from the comments & poll results that Violet & Mabel are the most popular. My only hesitations with these names...

Violet - this name is pretty popular in my area & I was hoping to find another 'hidden gem' like Adeline (although in saying that, Violet is certainly nowhere near as popular as Chloe or Ava). Also, DH doesn't like this name. He would need a lot of convincing. On the upside, I love Violet's nickname options of V, Vi & Lettie. Super cute!

Mabel - another name that DH doesn't love I'm also not into the nickname of May. People in Australia seem to always give each other nicknames, so I need to consider whether they sit well with me. Our surname starts with M & has two syllables, so I also wonder whether Mabel would create a bit of a tongue twister. The appeal with Mabel is her soft, vintage sound & I think she would work really well with Adeline.

Question- what are people's thoughts on Isla as a first name? This is DH's favourite. I think it has that feminine, vintage feel that I'm looking for. However, the stats tell me that Isla is super popular where we live...right up there with the Chloes & Avas. I also have no idea about what her nickname would be. Isle? Lala?

Quote Originally Posted by angiemif View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback

It seems from the comments & poll results that Violet & Mabel are the most popular. My only hesitations with these names...

Violet - this name is pretty popular in my area & I was hoping to find another 'hidden gem' like Adeline (although in saying that, Violet is certainly nowhere near as popular as Chloe or Ava). Also, DH doesn't like this name. He would need a lot of convincing. On the upside, I love Violet's nickname options of V, Vi & Lettie. Super cute!

Mabel - another name that DH doesn't love I'm also not into the nickname of May. People in Australia seem to always give each other nicknames, so I need to consider whether they sit well with me. Our surname starts with M & has two syllables, so I also wonder whether Mabel would create a bit of a tongue twister. The appeal with Mabel is her soft, vintage sound & I think she would work really well with Adeline.

Question- what are people's thoughts on Isla as a first name? This is DH's favourite. I think it has that feminine, vintage feel that I'm looking for. However, the stats tell me that Isla is super popular where we live...right up there with the Chloes & Avas. I also have no idea about what her nickname would be. Isle? Lala?
    I like Isla a lot, just doesn't have the same vintage feel as Adeline. What about Ivy? Ivy Leona, Ivy Imogen, Ivy Amalia.... or Etta--too nicknamey?

My four favorites to match Adeline are

Violet
    Penelope
    Audrey
    Imogen

I'm not sure how popular these are in Australia (I'm wagering on the more popular side, probably) but to me they sound the nicest with Adeline. The rest I'm not crazy about!
    - Em
    Jameson Lewis debuting October 2nd!
    Ronan Charles | Asher Heath
    Lorelei Ruby | Hazel Marian | Nadia Laurel

I would love to meet an Adeline with a sister named Jemima, Imogen, or Leonie.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine