Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What are the worst "yoo-neek" spellings you've seen?

Like the title says, what are the absolute worst? I haven't seen my name butchered (thank goodness) but I have seen my sister's, Amélie and Camille. Amayleigh and Kahmee. Shudder.
    Dreaming of a future...
    · Charlotte · Rosemarie Elizabeth · Rhiannon ·
    · Ethan James · Alexander ·

I always loved the episode of an Aussie comedy show called 'Kath and Kim' where Kim's daughter's name was being discussed and suggestions included Tiffany, spelt Typhphaannnii.

The worst I've seen in real life is probably Tygah (Tiger), but I really count Jaxon (Jackson), Aiden (Aidan), Makayla (Michaela) and other phonetic spellings as really pushing the envelope. I guess I just prefer traditional spellings.
    Last edited by katoolah; June 22nd, 2014 at 02:45 AM. Reason: grammatical error!

Jaykob (Jacob)
    Danyelle (Danielle)
    Drewzylla (Drusilla)
    Lesleigh (Leslie)
    Alisyabeth (Elizabeth)

Some people I have met with these names, others are ones my friends have heard.
    Dream gentlemen: Felix Elijah Kurt, James Frederick Layne, Christian Alexander Lennon, Charles Elliot Hendrix, Sebastian Jude Zeppelin (all third names are guilty pleasures)

Lovely ladies: Margaret Fern Alice, Anastasia Hyacinth Claire, Helena Aster Frances, Catherine Lily Beatrice, Vivienne Primrose Amelia (all second names are guilty pleasures)

Jrew. Met a 2 month old baby named this. The newest addition to a family with 3 or 4 other kids with J names, and the parents liked Drew so they spelled it Jrew to match "since it sounds the same as Drew anyway". Ugh.
    Maybe I am a name nerd
    Edmund & Henry
    First born & brother from a furry mother

Madylynne (Madeline)
    Eilischa (Elisha)
    Draekeson (Like Drakeson, but I'm not sure that that's even a name.)
    Lovely Ladies • Emilia Lark • Willow Anne • Penelope Violet • Josephine Blythe • _____ Wren •
    Gentle Gents • Rory Isaac • Lucas Bennett • Caspian Linus • Callum Nicholas •