• Ruby Celeste Greene

45 31.25%
  • Ruby Christine Greene

14 9.72%
  • Ruby Penelope Greene

18 12.50%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dovah View Post
    I don't think I would use Ruby if my surname was Greene. And I don't really like it with Lucy, either.

That said, Penelope looks off to me, too. It's so long and flowing compared to your other children. I much prefer Penny on its own (it's a closer Beatles reference this way, too).

I think any of your choices work, but I like Penelope Celeste best on style and sound. Ruby Celeste is my second choice.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult pregnancy. I hope for your health and baby's, too.
    Thank you so much for your advise and concern. I am sure everything will work out with my health. I think that's the reason why I am name obsessing, it's much more fun then thinking of medical issues if it were up to me I'd go with Penny straight as a first name but dh will not have it

I think in terms of flow, Penelope Celeste Greene works best. I would avoid a middle name of Christine with your last name (too rhyme-y).

Ruby Penelope is adorable but might also be too rhyme-y. I could see it as the name of a little girl but maybe not as the name of a CEO, ya know?

If I were you I'd consider the name Prudence Hope, love that song and Prue is such a cute nn. But I respect that your favorites are Penelope and Ruby
    Kayla Marie - 25 - USA
    wife to James Edward - mommy to Kiera Jaime (2014)

Ovary lurkers:

Girls (under construction):
    Tamsyn Isolde, Brenna Carys, Morgana Chalcedony (GP)

Boys (family names, set in stone):
    James Gavin, William John

What about Rubina Greene? I feel like this lessens the "color clash" somewhat, but she could still be "Ruby." Celeste is my favorite mn option for either Ruby or Penelope, but I like the significance of Christine.

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I love Penelope. I think Penelope Hope Greene is a great name.

Have you considered Prudence? Dear Prudence is one of my favorite Beatles songs.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I voted for Ruby Celeste. I don't think Ruby Greene is an issue at all, and it goes with your other kids' names MUCH better than Penelope.

(And I don't like the names Penelope or Penny at all, I admit, but love Ruby.)