Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charlotte

57 48.72%
  • Ella

60 51.28%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sister for Jack? Down to 2 Names...

Hello, expecting a girl in August and have been debating between two names, Charlotte and Ella. MN will be Grace. I know this is considered a "filler" but I love it. Last name is similar to DuBourg.

I have a DS named Jack and am looking for a feminine, classic pretty name that goes with it. Which do you think is a better fit stylistically? Which do you like better?

Some things I keep tossing around are that perhaps Ella is a bit done and on its way out, although I love it. I love Charlotte too and am starting to see it everywhere. Popularity doesn't matter to me too much but I don't want to be on the tail end of an "out" name. Thoughts?

I think Charlotte has more staying power in terms of popularity, but I like Ella more. I think both are classics.

I like the way Jack and Ella sound together, and I like how soft and pretty Ella is. I also like that both names have 4 letters. I think Ella is more feminine than Charlotte because of its softer sounds. Another plus is that Ella doesn't have the word "harlot" in it.
    Bonnie Clementine, Frances Matilda & Olive Hermione
    Boys Under Construction

I like both but voted for Ella because I like the way Ella Grace sounds.

Either is a winner!

Bumping for the morning crowd

Ella is perfect with Jack!

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~