Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Would you read a name book comprised of only extremely unusual names?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 95.45%
  • No

2 4.55%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Would you read a name book comprised of only extremely unusual names?

Names that have never been in the top thousand and fall in categories such as: unusual word names, historical and mythological figures and places, scientific names of things, nature, fantasy, obscure choices from other cultures. My signature should provide somewhat of an example.

I'm considering turning my fairly large collection into a book, so I'm curious if there is any interest in this sort of thing. Thanks
    Mama to Isolde (Feb 2012) & Poet (Aug 2013)
    Crushes:
    Absalom Aslan Aura Beau Chrysanthemum Cocoa Coraline Crow Dandelion Dodger Dragonsong Echo El-ahrairah Fable Hawkeye Hedwig Ivan Kingsmark Ksenia Madrigal Mercury Oz Penna Poem Raspberry Sapphire Snow Sweetbriar Tundra Wit

names and stories and such

A place in which i am king and you are all my precious underlings.....
    Of course! Strange names have always intrigued me . Unusual names rock! Go for it!

Frankie, I can tell you that our Off-the-Grid Baby Names book, which is names never in the Top 1000 but organized alphabetically not by type, is our best-selling book. But I can also tell you that it's tough to sell name books in this era of.....Nameberry, ie lots of free good name information on the web.

If you write your book and want to sell it as an ebook, we'll consider offering it on the Nameberry store. And you can guest-blog to help draw attention to it....which is something you are welcome to do anyway! Would be fun to have more Berry Juice blogs about cool unusual name discoveries.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Thanks, Pam. I'll keep that in mind!
    Mama to Isolde (Feb 2012) & Poet (Aug 2013)
    Crushes:
    Absalom Aslan Aura Beau Chrysanthemum Cocoa Coraline Crow Dandelion Dodger Dragonsong Echo El-ahrairah Fable Hawkeye Hedwig Ivan Kingsmark Ksenia Madrigal Mercury Oz Penna Poem Raspberry Sapphire Snow Sweetbriar Tundra Wit

names and stories and such

That would be great! I love unusual names.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ♥ Pandora Valencia Fae ♥ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ♥
    Little Misses
    ♡ Caspian Sherlock Walter ♡ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ♡
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    Mycroft Holmes | Sherlock (BBC) | His Last Vow