Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names that look/sound weird?

Have you ever had a name or word that you've heard regularly suddenly start to look/sound completely alien? I was just reading something and came across Matthew.
    Matthew.
    I don't know if I've just never really looked at it properly, but it seems wrong! I've heard it a million times, I have a cousin with the name, but it just looks so strange to me right now!
    Matthew. Matthew.
    Maybe it's the TTH? I don't know. It'll probably look fine in an hour, but I actually had to go and check that that's how it is typically spelled, because it looked so wrong to me!

Has this ever happened to you with a name?

I don't like calling names "weird", but Ferelith is, while beautiful, really hard to say out loud.
    Mary, Ophelia, Lily, Genevieve, Elsa, Agatha, Gwyneth, Blanche, Kate, Florence, Nessie, Dylan
    Finn, Cove, Augustus, Alfie, Todd, Harry, Dylan, Jericho, Alistair, Melchior, Wesley

Yes, I like Dylan on boys and girls....don't judge me.

I love the names Tobiah and Tobias, but sometimes I can't help hearing "To buy a..." or "To buy us..."

Similarly with Isadore, sometimes all I hear is "Is a door".
    Victor | Ephraim | Phineas | Alfred | Rupert

Trudy | Marceline | Ramona | Cicely | Winifred

That happens to me constantly!! The one it used to occur to a lot was Thomas, but lately Chloe has been another. I think for me it's that silent H.
    “poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are what we stay alive for.”

currently under construction

http://delighfullydoris.blogspot.ca/

I did this about 3 months ago with the name Scott. I was just driving to work, thinking about my optometrist, and was like "Gosh, Scott... what a weird name. Skot. Skawt. Scotttttttt."
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iluna, Iris, Sela, Seraphine
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Felix, Gideon