Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Language of Strangers

Genre of Story: Fantasy Adventure

Time Period/Location: Two countries: Vineland, a dominant nation divided in half by a mountain range, rainforest on one side and desert on the other; and Fulsur, a mountainous and slightly volcanic peninsula currently occupied by Vineland. Fulsur is on the verge of a revolution against Vineland.
    Technology is pre-industrial revolution. Like, there's guns and printing presses, but they're still kind of old-fashioned.

Brief Plot: Here's my vague summary blurb:
    "She set out across the ocean for the adventure of a lifetime and got exactly what she wanted — but in a way she never expected.
    On their first day on a new continent, their own having been isolated for five hundred years, Sonam and her friend Nelia meet a princess and are kidnapped. It's not the arrival anyone expected, but they soon discover that this is only the start of a deep conspiracy surrounding a rebel liberation movement, and with the princess and the son of a rebel leader as new friends in this foreign land, their involvement is inevitable. Sonam narrowly missed war once, but this time, she finds herself at the very center."
    This is a sequel/spin-off for a previous story.

What are the naming laws: I have no idea! I had a good system in place where Sonam and Nelia came from, but with this one, I'm just winging it so far. I guess these two nations are kind of European-esque in their naming traditions. Here are the three main characters I've named so far:
    Amalie (Vineland, f)
    Kellan (Fulsur, m)
    Corala (Vineland, f)

What I Need: I need some names for family members and minor characters from both nations, so this is really just a request for brainstorming help based on what I already have. Naming styles are pretty similar due to the two areas' political and cultural ties. Feel free to make stuff up. I just need inspiration. Let me see what you can come up with! Go!
    Edmund Antonio - Lucas Alexander - Theodore August
    Eleanor Georgia - Madeleine Lorraine - Verity Rose

Hmm, I like this limited form. I've been trying to simplify it for a while so we can have a basic one and in depth ones.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

@nooshi Oo thank you that's perfect! I can already see a few I like and a few I can tweak. Thanks so much!
    @renrose Glad to be of help? Haha I just picked and chose what I thought was needed since my request wasn't one of the presets.
    Edmund Antonio - Lucas Alexander - Theodore August
    Eleanor Georgia - Madeleine Lorraine - Verity Rose

Hi, I'm Rachel.

teenberry - writer combo

Rosalind Linnea || Althea Peony
    Leo Uriah || Peregrine Kai