Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Should we have a "Love Month" in honor of Ms. Margot?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I think it would be a very sweet way to remember her.

3 100.00%
  • No, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea. :/

0 0%
  • Actually, I have my own idea too!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Love Month <3

Love Month <3

As many of you know, word has spread within the last few days in regards to Nameberry's beloved Ms. Margot (better known as Rollo) passing away. As a lurker of this site for about a year or two, she was one of the reasons I joined along with all of the other amazing members of the community . I have enjoyed my time here so far with all of you, but Rollo's charm and gentle kindness will certainly be missed.

This got me thinking that perhaps we should make June into something called Love Month. During Love Month, we could all display our gratitude and remembrance by showing the same amount of tenderhearted kindness that Rollo did on a constant basis. This could include:

• more praise, less put-downs
    • even less negative posts (threads complaining about/mocking different names...)
    • less bitterness and aggression (posting threads or opinions that are inflammatory in nature)
    • exuding a safer atmosphere to discuss names (free of blunt or harmful criticism)
    • acting a little more courteous towards each other
    • etc.

Rollo was such an amazing and sweet member of the site every time she was on it, that I believe we could all embrace her affectionate and benevolent approaches at least one month in the year.

Does anyone else have any ideas? Suggestions? Do you think it's a good idea to annually dedicate a month to being more gracious, loving, neighborly and considerate in honor of her?

Edit: Check out the Flowers for Margot thread if you haven't already. I think that just may be the way to go in terms of honoring Rollo, instead of the whole "Love Month" thing.
    Last edited by alexandrianscrolls; June 18th, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Teenberry, History Geek, Lover of Stories and Tales

(Rotating)
    F~•~A~•~V~•~O~•~R~•~I~•~T~•~E~•~S

Aurora, Hermione, Fiona, Katniss

I think most people already do this. Sure, every once in a while we get a little heated or passionate about some things, and maybe we shouldn't... but I don't know too many people around here who bitterly/aggressively put-down others. I think we have an open, honest forum. Rollo certainly contributed to that, but I'm not sure a "Love Month" is the right way to honor her. That said, I don't have any other ideas.

@dovah

You're absolutely right. People seem to be generally nice and well-mannered on the forums, and you rarely see any actual drama. I had originally thought that perhaps remembering to be a bit more mindful of what we say and how we present ourselves/going the extra mile in being generous and reaching out to people in recognition of her positive contributions would be:

A) A nice show of support, and

B) A decent reminder/source of motivation for us as members of the forums to be respectful all year long.

Now, however, I see where you're coming from, and why it simply wouldn't work. It's just not entirely necessary or applicable. It was nice in theory, but maybe not that practical. I think I will just practice this personally , and not encourage for it to become a site-wide thing. It was an OK concept though! I just checked out the Flowers for Margot thread, which would be perfect for showing the community's respect.

(Rotating)

I like the idea of a Love Month, but it seems a bit cheesy and contrived to me, sorry. We should all definitely practice kindness though! - and yes, I agree with PP that we generally do.

I think Rollo would be touched and happy in her own modest way at all these tributes. Only such a pity she can't see it. Or maybe she knows from heaven, I don't know...
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

@bonfireazalea

Yeah, it's definitely too cheesy. :P I guess that's why I kind of just dropped the idea. It had sweet intentions, but I feel like it just looks too forced -- if that makes sense. I think flowers would feel more genuine, and I'm sure she would be flattered by the notion and that people think so fondly of her.

(Rotating)