Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Our not-so-new born is here!

After a difficult birth and recovery I am very happy to be back on NB to announce the birth of our baby girl Aïcha, born March 26th.

Aisha was the wife of the prophet Mohammed who was considered an important source of knowledge by the muslims back then (and now). I wanted baby girl to have a name that reminds her of this powerful woman in Islam, and the importance of educating herself on her rights and religion. The name also goes back at least 6 generations in my husband's family.
    Last edited by khaatje; June 17th, 2014 at 06:38 AM.
    Living a happy life with my #1 husband, my #1 cat and my #1 baby Aïcha, born March 2014

Girls: Sanae - Fairouz - Kawtar - Keltoum
    Boys: Tarik - Sabri - Lokman - Omar

Congrats on your lovely named baby girl!

Best wishes!

Congratulations! How do you pronounce your darling 's name?
    ~ Larissa

Olympia Primrose
    Waverly Claire ~ Amaryllis Joy
    Holiday Elise ~ Bellamy June ~ Seraphina Daisy
    Genevieve Scout ~ Romilly Violet ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

Aicha is the Moroccan /North African variant of Aisha.

Congratulations khaatje! And mabrouk! It's nice to see you back. I'm sorry you had a difficult birth (were you in Morocco?) but glad you have recovered.

Does she have her fathers name as a middle?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Thanks ladies! It's an alternative spelling of Aisha indeed - pronounced aa-ee-sha. The spelling of names is government controlled in Morocco, so no choice there.

On official Arabic documents she's Aïcha bint Ali, Aïcha daughter of Ali, but that's not registered as a middle on her second (Dutch) passport. Daddy isn't Arab so no Arabic last name either.

She was born in another "home birth" country Blade: the Netherlands. I was classified as high risk though, so we were able/allowed to go to the Rotterdam University Hospital, thank God.
    Last edited by khaatje; June 17th, 2014 at 06:37 AM.
    Living a happy life with my #1 husband, my #1 cat and my #1 baby Aïcha, born March 2014

Girls: Sanae - Fairouz - Kawtar - Keltoum
    Boys: Tarik - Sabri - Lokman - Omar