Names Searched Right Now:

Naming after my mother by association with her name and personality. Suggestions?

That's a long thread title but I didn't quite know how to describe it.

My mother has one of the world's most unpractical names ever: Marrigje. Yeah, that's painful. It's just the name on her passport, she doesn't use it in real life. However, in real life she uses this other not so practical name: Marry. I kid you not, two 'r's, the verb in English. My mother's Dutch so she didn't 'suffer' much and she was named after her grandmother and it was a fairly common name at that time where she lived so to her her name just seemed very uninspired. I want to honour my mother in some way if I'd ever name a child, I'll say it again: not pregnant for a long while. She absolutely hates the name Marie because that's what people thought she was called but she wasn't and someone even named their dog Marie to tease her. So all Maria derivatives and such are out, and she'd consider that a cop out anwyay.That's why I thought why not name a *potential* child after who my mother is? And that does include her name.

So my question to you, can you find names that you associate with these words/have meanings that are associated with these words:
    Marriage
    Nurse
    Sun
    Pragmatism

Both girls and boys!
    Last edited by honnepon; June 16th, 2014 at 07:38 AM.

Mary, Marjorie, Margot, Marigold, Maren

Names Meaning Sun - Eliane, Marisol, Solana, Surya

Could you possibly use your mothers middle name/s or maiden name for more inspiration?
    Tasha. 21. Brit. Name Geek.

@darcydeacon, my mother has no middle name.

Sun- Soleil, Sol, Marisol, Helia, Mehri, Sunniva, Sunny, Solana, Elios, Samson, Horus, Domingo, Dominga, Sunday.
    Nurse- Agatha (patron saint of nursing), Camillus / Lellis (patron saint of doctors / nurses associations), Catherine (Catherine of Siena, saint of nursing services)
    Marriage John / Francis / Regis (saint of marriage), Monica (saint of married women), Hera (queen of the Greek gods and goddess of marriages among other things), Juno (Roman goddess. Protector of women and marriage), Arusi ('born during a wedding'), Naliaka ('wedding'), Bride (BREE-da)
    Pragmatism- Sophronia ('sensible, prudent')

Variations on Marry: Mamie, Mitzi, Margery, Rosemary, Maija, Maikki, Malia, Manon, Mara, Maire / Mare, Marenka, Mariel, Miriam, Marietta, Mariella, Mariette, Marielle, Marinka, Marian / Marion, Marianne, Marianna, Mariana, Marisha, Mariska, Marja, Maroula, Maura, Mele, Moira, Morag (MOHR-ahk), Moya, Roula.

http://nameberry.com/list/63/Marys-I...iations?page=1
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

Sun- Soleil, Sol, Marisol, Helia, Mehri, Sunniva, Sunny, Solana, Elios, Samson, Horus, Domingo, Dominga, Sunday, Apollo (Greek sun chariot rider), Apolline / Apollonia (feminine variation of Apollo).

Nurse- Agatha (patron saint of nursing), Camillus / Lellis (patron saint of doctors / nurses associations), Catherine (Catherine of Siena, saint of nursing services)

Marriage John / Francis / Regis (saint of marriage), Monica (saint of married women), Hera (queen of the Greek gods and goddess of marriages among other things), Juno (Roman goddess. Protector of women and marriage), Arusi ('born during a wedding'), Naliaka ('wedding'), Bride (BREE-da)

Pragmatism- Sophronia ('sensible, prudent')

Variations on Marry: Mamie, Mitzi, Margery, Rosemary, Maija, Maikki, Malia, Manon, Mara, Maire / Mare, Marenka, Mariel, Miriam, Marietta, Mariella, Mariette, Marielle, Marinka, Marian / Marion, Marianne, Marianna, Mariana, Marisha, Mariska, Marja, Maroula, Maura, Mele, Moira, Morag (MOHR-ahk).

Sorry, I didn't know if you wanted names for a boy or girl. Hope that has helped somewhat.
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712