Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I love wolf but it is unwearable in my nationality. I think Vesper is nice but it just reminds me of the evil family name in the book my cousin is reading the 39 clues. I also like elle but people say it sounds too much like the letter.

Scholastica - We had this old family bible with a list of saints and their feast names in the back, and before I got my first baby name book, I used to love going through the list for interesting names. Scholastica was one of them, and I just thought it was one of the coolest names ever. Unfortunately, when I suggested to my hubby many years later as a possible middle for a girl, he looked at me as if I had grown a second head!

Artemisia - I think she's so pretty, but it's another one that earns a weird look from DH. Besides, it might be a strange name for a Catholic girl...

Tanith - I fell in love with it thanks to ice dancer Tanith Belbin, but I just can't imagine telling a daughter that she was named after an athlete! That just seems like a silly reason to me. (No offense to those who have, though.) Too bad, because DH actually doesn't think it's that strange -- being familiar with the skater and seeing how well it works on her -- so I could possibly talk him into it if I really wanted...

Desdemona - With Ophelia our middle name choice for Catherine, the tragic associations don't really bother me. It's the fact that it has the word "demon" embedded right in the name!

Verdandi - Neither one of us has Scandinavian heritage, and it's another that probably doesn't work for a Catholic girl, so it remains a guilty pleasure.

Dmitri - Very Russian! I do have Eastern European heritage (Polish), but it still seems a bit much.

Vladimir - Ditto.

Celestine - Technically unisex, with several popes named Celestine, but most people would probably think it's a girl's name at first glance. NB doesn't even recognize it as unisex.

Seraphim - Add me to the list who like Seraphim for a boy! But I love Seraphina so much more, so I would never seriously consider using it. Hubby doesn't like it anyway.
    Last edited by mega_muffin; June 15th, 2014 at 02:48 PM.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I have five billion!

One would be boys named Chesterfield and Davenport.

Girls named Taffeta and Cricket.

And definitely Harvest.

I've been a British history buff since I could read (all of those kings, queens and intrigue - lovely) so I've always been fascinated with the dynastic name of Plantagenet. I like reading about eccentric British families like the Sitwells so I have a soft spot for Sacheverell too. For girls, Clarimond and Florizel come to mind.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

@mischa--I also love Sacheverell!
    Ophelia, Elsa, Rose
    Finn, Augustus "Gus", James