Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What is your strangest, most crazy name crush?

Hi!

When we were expecting for the second time and we knew our baby will be a boy, we were absolutely crazy about the name Sherlock. At the beginning it was a joke ('When we can't agree about the name, we promise, he'll be named Sherlock!'), but then we loved it. Finally, we chose more 'normal' name, but Sherlock is still our guilty pleasure.
    Do you have some names you will probably never use, but just love?
    Zelda Astrid - 21.02.2011
    Dashiell Roman Leif - 15.05.2013
    Vita Malin - 23.04.2014

Soon-to-be aunt for the first time!

I was going to say Sherlock! :P I want to use it as a middle, so I'm hoping for a SO who likes really out there names. I'm way too influenced by characters in general. Some more out there ones:

Belladonna
    Arachne
    Eclipse

Hemlock
    Icarus
    Cobalt
    Bravery
    Valiant
    Mycroft (I'm joking, way too close to Microsoft)
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ♥ Pandora Valencia Fae ♥ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ♥
    Little Misses
    ♡ Caspian Sherlock Walter ♡ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ♡
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

High five, @myosotis!
    Vita Malin - 23.04.2014

My dad is actually trying to convince me that Sherlock is a great name for a child of either gender. That and Benedict ('But Nooshi, baby Ben would be so cute.' Me: 'Yes, it would dad. If baby Ben was a boy, and it wasn't solely because you have a man crush on Benedict Cumberbatch.' Dad: 'What about Sherlock then? It really is a girls name.' Me: 'Urgh.').

I too love Sherlock. I am thinking about using it as a mn for my first son: Roland Sherlock, though I also love Roland Frost and some other combos. That way it would encompass my two literary heroes: Roland Deschain, all round badass, and Sherlock Holmes, all round genius. Plus, they are both great names.

I love Seraphim, but I am a weird one- I can actually see this on a child of mine, especially in the middle. I am worried it might be a bit much though.

Aslan- I love it, but the apparent Christ metaphors most people have with the lion might be a bit much. I would still love to use it though. Maybe in the middle.

Snow- For a boy. I don't know... I get that it is too Snow White, but I really really like it for a boy. No, I am not a GOT fan- never watched it, and only made it halfway through the first book, so it isn't because of John Snow.

Absalom- Great name, but considering most people associate it with that hookah smoking caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland (the Tim Burton movie), it might not be the best bet.

Badger- For a girl. I really loved it, and was focussed on using it for a really long time (As in, since I was about 6. it was one of my great grandmother's nn, because they were her favourite animal, and she used to make badger shaped cakes. Not because she was annoying. Everyone adored her.). Then someone pointed out the badger=annoying thing, which I knew, but had completely forgotten about. Needless to say, not in the running anymore.

Cuthbert- Cuthbert Allgood was a character in the Dark Tower series. That is where I first fell in love with the name. But I can't see a baby Cuthbert. Or a middle aged Cuthbert. I think it would be a really difficult choice to live with. I am not even really sure why it appeals to me.

Hedwig- No, I would never actually use it. The Harry Potter owl combined with the sounds of head and wig don't lend themselves to a very child friendly name. I would love to meet a Hedwig though- I just don't think I could be brave enough. I guess there is the nn Eddie.

Egbert- Ditto. I would never use this for a child- the egg teasing is too obvious. It would be a great name for a cat or chicken or rooster though... Hm.

Swanhild- I don't know why. I just see Swan Lake and pretty, flouncy tutu's. I don't think I could do it this to a kid though.

Belladonna- Pretty cool, until you consider that Belladonna / deadly nightshade is a type of poison.
    Last edited by nooshi; June 15th, 2014 at 06:53 AM.
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

High five, @nooshi! I thought all of will find it crazy, but look, there are already three of us!
    Last edited by yael; June 15th, 2014 at 06:37 AM.
    Vita Malin - 23.04.2014