Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Phoebe, hands down. It's a lovely looking name with wonderful history, I should like it but that repeating ee-ee sound is just nails on a chalkboard to me.

Imogen-It just sounds very boring to me.
    Short List
    Ruby • Juliet • Victoria • Eloise • Lydia • Evelyn
    Clara • Gloria • Irene • Iris • Josephine • Eliza

Victor • Abraham • Alexander • Jasper • Elijah • Isaac
    Everett • Oliver • Frederick • Edwin • Oscar • Nathaniel

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Many Berries love the name Aurora. I can agree that it looks pretty on the page but it's a b*tch to say aloud.
    I totally agree with this. In fact, any name with a double 'r' sound I struggle with. I work with a guy called Rory and I actually have to consciously think about it every time I say his name.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Quote Originally Posted by sarahdoodle View Post
    Eulalie for sure. Cassia depending on how it's pronounced. (I really like cas-ee-a but strongly dislike cash-a.)
    I feel the same way about Cassia!

Other names that I really like in print but am not smitten with out loud for some reason or other:

Leonie-The most frustrating one because it's one of my favorites! It just sounds so strange and clumsy to me when I say it.
    Ottilie-Same as with Leonie.
    Ezekiel-Sounds like I'm struggling.
    Bastien-The only way I like it pronounced is the French way but I don't speak French regularly.
    Lucien- Really like it but can only think and hear "Lucy" when I say it out loud.
    Declan
    Darcy, Quentin, Elliott, James, Marianne, Josephine, Henrietta
    Robin, Hazel
    Claire
    August, Hawk, Sydney, Primrose, Isis, Lavender
    gracenewgrace.blogspot.com

"While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Genevieve and Guinevere. Such beautiful names on paper, even in my head, but when I try to say them out loud or I hear someone else saying it out loud... it's just not as pretty. It also depends on the pronunciation and individual accent, I guess. From my favourites, Taran and Vega actually sound better in my head or on paper rather than said out loud.
    M. A. H. 22.

♀ Aria * Cecilia * Francesca * Yasmine * Florentina * Lavender * Solstice * Valentina *

♂ Louis * Noel * Frederick * Bernard * Heath * Tristan * Keats * Edgar * Claude *