Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lerenard View Post
    I am a Pisces and honestly think that a stronger / edgy name might have made me feel a little less sensitive and more confident as a child. I am still very quiet on the outside and prefer books to people. Maybe consider that a soft name might make her feel somewhat small and harder to notice in a sea of loud children.
    Oh that's interesting. I didn't think of it that way... I'm definitely not looking for a name that is too simple... I'm hoping to find a name that a Pisces would feel comfortable in and really love - Something lovely rather than sturdy. For example, Juliet rather than Judith.

I'm a Virgo and would have preferred a more formal name than I have so I'm worried about giving my kids names that are a bad fit for their disposition...

Sorry but I don't think you're crazy, I also pay a lot of attention to the 'zodiac stuff' myself! And not necessarily the sweet, soft, girly and sensitive name would make a baby be like that in the future... 'cause it's the meaning that counts, right?... So, nice names for a pisces girl:
    (already mentioned) Emmeline, Frances, Genevieve
    (not mentioned) Guinevere, Marguerite, Linnea, Annabella, Bernadette (seems to be my crush lately), Elsa, Anna, Elisa, Lena, Sunniva, Madeline, Jasmine, Selena, Rose, Charlotte, Grace, Catherine, Cecilia....
    Marta Aleksandra. 22.
    * Serena. *

♀ Aria * Cecilia * Francesca * Sage * Lavender * Valentina * Solstice * Blair * Saga *

♂ Noel * Frederick * Claude * Edgar * Bernard * Louis * Tristan * Heath * Alistair *

Quote Originally Posted by bethashley View Post
    Frances Eloise is actually a name we are considering
    That's lovely. Frances is sweet, but strong.

I'm a little strange myself in that I categorize my names by personality a bit, so I already have a bunch of names on my list that fit this description. I'm also not into super frilly names either. At least they aren't to me.
    Sweet gentle little girl names from my list:
    Miranda
    Ada
    Angeline
    Anna
    Camilla
    Caroline
    Charlotte
    Clara
    Helena
    Irene
    Juliet
    Marian
    Naomi
    Nora
    Violet
    Alice
    Greta
    Emmeline

As far as popularity goes, sure you could avoid the top 100 but that really ends up being pointless most of the time. I'm not sure what you are trying to avoid by avoiding popular names but the strategy is a little different for each. The most common concerns I hear are, 1) not wanting the child to be one of many in the classroom and go by first name last initial or 2) wanting the child to be unique. I'm going to guess it's due mostly to #1 because you only picked the first 100 instead of a larger number. Rest assured that even if you were to pick the number one name, possibility one isn't even that likely. The number one name today is nothing like the number one name from when we were young. However, staying out of the top 100 won't even guarantee that won't happen because naming isn't spread out evenly over the population. There is a concentration of name trends. Do you know any little babies, kids in the area? If your favorite names are popular in your area then it may be a good idea to stay out of say...the top 20 in your state (assuming you are in the US) and that's about as good as it gets. After that it's just that you happen to be in some sort of weird naming trend pocket. If most of the babies in your area seem to have names that aren't in your taste, then you have to worry about popularity even less.
    So I highly recommend checking out your state stats, especially if you don't know many little ones in your area.
    Short List
    Ruby • Juliet • Victoria • Eloise • Lydia • Evelyn
    Clara • Gloria • Irene • Iris • Josephine • Eliza

Victor • Abraham • Alexander • Jasper • Elijah • Isaac
    Everett • Oliver • Frederick • Edwin • Oscar • Nathaniel

Quote Originally Posted by senseandsensibility View Post
    Sorry but I don't think you're crazy, I also pay a lot of attention to the 'zodiac stuff' myself! And not necessarily the sweet, soft, girly and sensitive name would make a baby be like that in the future... 'cause it's the meaning that counts, right?... So, nice names for a pisces girl:
    (already mentioned) Emmeline, Frances, Genevieve
    (not mentioned) Guinevere, Marguerite, Linnea, Annabella, Bernadette (seems to be my crush lately), Elsa, Anna, Elisa, Lena, Sunniva, Madeline, Jasmine, Selena, Rose, Charlotte, Grace, Catherine, Cecilia....

Bernadette has been on my radar too but i'm highly doubtful my husband would be good with it. Cecilia is nice, I was also thinking Cecily. I love Jasmine, I'll see what my husband thinks!