Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If I like Madeline/Madeleine/Madelyn, then I should like....

I have come to the conclusion that Madeline/Madeleine/Madelyn are unusable for me, for a number of reasons (sadly), so I'm trying to find a replacement, so to speak, for the name. I want something similar in style, classic, but stylish, and versatile.

So far, I'm contemplating;

Miriam/Maryam (I prefer Maryam I think)
    Natasha
    Hannah
    Isabelle
    Gemma
    Elise

Do any of those give you the same feel as Madeline/Madeleine/Madelyn? If not, what names do feel similar in style to Madeline?

Note: I dislike Matilda for some odd reason, and I'm definitely not a Madison fan.
    Last edited by lawsonhaley; June 10th, 2014 at 04:57 PM.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

I LOVE Hannah, I think like Madeline it has a familiar comfortable feel while still having history and class. My second choice would be Miriam.

Similar names in sound could be.....
    Magdalene
    Maialen (Basque name)
    Malene
    Malin
    Melisende
    Maclaren
    Magali
    Madora

Names I think have a similar style/feel
    Hazel
    Beth
    Bianca
    Naomi
    Amelia
    Lucy
    Abigail
    Julia
    Caroline
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I love Miriam (Miri is such an adorable nickname!!). I am not a fan of the spelling Maryam. Would you still pronounce this the same way as Miriam? I say meer-e-um. With Maryam, I would say Mary-am or mar-yam. If you/people in your area/your family pronounce the name more like Mary-am, then I would see why this spelling would work for you.

Here are some names in similar style to Madeline:

Amelie
    Emmeline
    Eloisa
    Adelaide
    Mirabelle
    Clementine
    Aurelia
    Evangeline
    Josephina

Just realized that Maryam is the traditional spelling, which makes me like it!

Have you ever considered Magdalen? A little peppier than Madeline in my opinion, I think it would fit well with your other ladies.
    ~ Larissa

Araminta Lark
    Seraphina Daisy ~ Waverly Claire
    Zelda Marjorie ~ Romilly Violet ~ Cecily Darling
    Snow Evangeline ~ Marigold Francesca ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth