Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I agree with pp that Lilly looks more balanced than Lily; this is how we spell our cat's name. It also makes more sense if shortened from Lillian (unless you spell it Lilian, my cousin spells it this way and it throws me off every time). I also prefer Hettie to Hetty and Millie to Milly.
    | Sophie | 22 | England, UK |
    loves science, televison, music and names
    Not pregnant or TTC, just collecting!

| Arthur | Edmund | Rupert | Dashiell | Barnaby |
    | Margot | Nell | Beatrice | Tess | Harriet |

I'm in love with Welsh names, and so people often think that the names I love are Kre8tiff, even though they are completely legitimate.

A GP name for me; Ryder, I prefer that spelling to Rider. I think that may be the only one, I'm a bit of a traditionalist.

I prefer Lili (The Welsh spelling) or Lily to the double ll (mostly because I always read it with the Welsh pronunciation of ll (Hl)) but I think both spellings are legit.
    Last edited by illabeth; June 10th, 2014 at 10:35 AM.
    Robin - Arthur/Arthen - Llywelyn - Henry - Emrys - Caspian - Elystan - Rhydwyn

Persephone - Georgiana - Aurddolen - Hedydd - Edith - Artemis - Seren - Morgana

Quote Originally Posted by illabeth View Post
    I'm in love with Welsh names, and so people often think that the names I love are Kre8tiff, even though they are completely legitimate.

A GP name for me; Ryder, I prefer that spelling to Rider. I think that may be the only one, I'm a bit of a traditionalist.

I prefer Lili (The Welsh spelling) or Lily to the double ll (mostly because I always read it with the Welsh pronunciation of ll (Hloo)) but I think both spellings are legit.
    Ahh I know the feeling! I like Cadi, but it does just look like a creative way to spell Katie. I prefer Ryder to Rider too

Glad I'm not the only one who likes the odd 'creative' spelling
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

@Lawsonhaley thank you so much for posting this thread! Sometimes I feel like a Nameberry outcast because I like certain "kr8tyv" spellings.

Unlike a lot of berries, I generally don't mind the C --> K trend and the -lyn trend because my name is Kaitlyn, and I've never minded the -lyn or the K about my name. Of course, there are EXTREMES of those names that I can't stand (I know a Braelynn and a Raylynn and I hate to hear their names being called.) That being said, I prefer Khloe and Kadence to their originals, and Klara, but I know that spelling is actually legitimate. Emalyn, Charlee, Aislyn and Fallyn are also some of my favorites.
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 11/22/2014 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/

I love Adelyn and Katelyn (although I like Caitlin too).