Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What Do you Think of my Boy Names?

Hello, I have a girl version of this. I am not expecting, just a teen who is very interested in names and would like to know what she can do to improve her favourite names. Please check out my posts as well. PLEASE would you mind answering the questions at the end of this post?
    http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...-my-Girl-Names

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...Boys-and-Girls!

My Boy Names

Alexzander Jonathan (Alex or Zander)
    Benjamin James (Ben)
    Conner Tobias (Conner)
    Easton Christopher (Easton)
    Finnegan Drew (Finn)
    Gabriel Joseph (Gabe)
    Harrison Thomas (Harris)
    Jace Mitchell (Jace)
    Jaxon Sawyer (Jax)
    Lukas Michael (Luke)
    Marcus Bailey (Marc)
    Nathaniel William (Nate)
    Nicholas Taylor (Nick)
    Oliver Miles (Olly)
    Theodore Reid (Theo)
    Zackery Noah (Zack)

Also what would you consider my naming style (for boys) to be? Classic? Modern? Popular? Thanks it would really help.
    ** I also understand that many people don't like the spellings of Alexzander, Lukas, Zackery and Jaxon. If Alexzander were to be called Zander would it work? And I don't really like Jackson, any other suggestions for Sawyer?
    Thanks.
    ~Mady
    Last edited by madymae; August 3rd, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
    Namenerd. Hayniac. Directioner. Book Lover. Music Geek. Full-time Fangirl.

~ Cassandra ~ Charlotte ~ Jessamine ~ Lillian ~ Evangeline ~ Bethany ~ Alexis ~ Clarissa ~

~ Alexzander ~ Benjamin ~ Lukas ~ Theodore ~ Harrison ~ Finnegan ~ Nathaniel ~ Gabriel ~

Vote On:

Alexzander Jonathan (Alex)- It is a nice combo, but adding a Z to Alexander is really confusing. He'll have to spell out his name for the rest of his life.
    Benjamin James (Ben)- I like both names. It is a solid combo.
    Conner Tobias (Conner)- I'd spell Conner either Connor or Conor, as they are more widely used and he won't have to spell it out every time. I like Connor and Tobias together! Stellar combo.
    Easton Christopher (Easton)- I like it. I think the names flow well, even though I'm not really a fan of either name.
    Finnegan Drew (Finn)- Nice flow, again not a fan of either name but it works well.
    Gabriel Joseph (Gabe)- This one is bit blatently biblical compared to your other names. I think it flows well but I'd choose a different middle. Perhaps Gabriel Ezra, Gabriel Jude, Gabriel Thomas?
    Harrison Thomas (Harris)- I like it. It sounds strong and flows well.
    Jace Mathew or Jace Mitchell (Jace)- I'm not really a fan of Jace (prefer Jason by a mile) but both flow really well. I prefer Jace Matthew.
    Jaxon Sawyer (Jax)- I'd prefer the Jackson spelling, I'm not a fan of the whole 'adding x into a name' trend. Overall, the name flows well even though I'm not a fan of either name.
    Lukas Michael (Luke)- I like the combo, it flows well. I would spell Lukas the traditional Lucas (he can still use Luke as a nn with the C spelling, I know someone who is "Catherine with a C but Katie with a K"). I think it would just be easier for the kid to not have to spell out his name all the time. With Lukas, it is easier than Alexzander though. I wouldn't be too upset about Lukas, but would be about Alexzander.
    Marcus Bailey (Marc)- I like Marcus Bailey. Flows well, strong sound.
    Nathaniel William (Nate)- I like it. Not a huge fan of Nathaniel, but it flows well.
    Nicholas Taylor (Nick)- I like Taylor on a boy, and I think this flows well. Good, solid combo.
    Oliver Miles (Olly)- I think this combo is awesome. Oliver Miles just sounds good too me.
    Theodore Reid (Theo)- This combo has too much R sound for me. Reid Theodore would flow better.
    Zackery Noah (Zack)- I also caution you on this spelling. Zachary is the typical spelling, and I would hate to have to spell out my name all the time. Zackery, like Alexzander, just looks wrong. You can still use the Zack nn for Zachary (I know several who do).

I know it sounds like I'm a really tough spelling critic, but I grew up with an unusual name, spelled weird, and I hated having to spell it out all the time. I just want to caution parents before they choose to spell their children's names weirdly. Overall, I like your combos. They're traditional, but unexpected. I hope that helped and I wasn't too harsh!
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Paul | Basil | Abram | Tobias | Samuel | Thomas | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cecilia | Cora | Delia | Helen | Helena | Lena | Raphaela | Ambrose | Elliott | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

My favorite three from the names you have listed are:

Conner Tobias
    Finnegan Drew
    Marcus Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by hardertobreathe View Post
    Alexzander Jonathan (Alex)- It is a nice combo, but adding a Z to Alexander is really confusing. He'll have to spell out his name for the rest of his life.
    Benjamin James (Ben)- I like both names. It is a solid combo.
    Conner Tobias (Conner)- I'd spell Conner either Connor or Conor, as they are more widely used and he won't have to spell it out every time. I like Connor and Tobias together! Stellar combo.
    Easton Christopher (Easton)- I like it. I think the names flow well, even though I'm not really a fan of either name.
    Finnegan Drew (Finn)- Nice flow, again not a fan of either name but it works well.
    Gabriel Joseph (Gabe)- This one is bit blatently biblical compared to your other names. I think it flows well but I'd choose a different middle. Perhaps Gabriel Ezra, Gabriel Jude, Gabriel Thomas?
    Harrison Thomas (Harris)- I like it. It sounds strong and flows well.
    Jace Mathew or Jace Mitchell (Jace)- I'm not really a fan of Jace (prefer Jason by a mile) but both flow really well. I prefer Jace Matthew.
    Jaxon Sawyer (Jax)- I'd prefer the Jackson spelling, I'm not a fan of the whole 'adding x into a name' trend. Overall, the name flows well even though I'm not a fan of either name.
    Lukas Michael (Luke)- I like the combo, it flows well. I would spell Lukas the traditional Lucas (he can still use Luke as a nn with the C spelling, I know someone who is "Catherine with a C but Katie with a K"). I think it would just be easier for the kid to not have to spell out his name all the time. With Lukas, it is easier than Alexzander though. I wouldn't be too upset about Lukas, but would be about Alexzander.
    Marcus Bailey (Marc)- I like Marcus Bailey. Flows well, strong sound.
    Nathaniel William (Nate)- I like it. Not a huge fan of Nathaniel, but it flows well.
    Nicholas Taylor (Nick)- I like Taylor on a boy, and I think this flows well. Good, solid combo.
    Oliver Miles (Olly)- I think this combo is awesome. Oliver Miles just sounds good too me.
    Theodore Reid (Theo)- This combo has too much R sound for me. Reid Theodore would flow better.
    Zackery Noah (Zack)- I also caution you on this spelling. Zachary is the typical spelling, and I would hate to have to spell out my name all the time. Zackery, like Alexzander, just looks wrong. You can still use the Zack nn for Zachary (I know several who do).

I know it sounds like I'm a really tough spelling critic, but I grew up with an unusual name, spelled weird, and I hated having to spell it out all the time. I just want to caution parents before they choose to spell their children's names weirdly. Overall, I like your combos. They're traditional, but unexpected. I hope that helped and I wasn't too harsh!
    Thank you!! No you were not too harsh and it did help. I grew up and will always continue to grow up with a common name spelt differently. Unlike you though I hate the itself but I love the spelling because it always set me apart. Thank you a lot though.

~ Cassandra ~ Charlotte ~ Jessamine ~ Lillian ~ Evangeline ~ Bethany ~ Alexis ~ Clarissa ~

~ Alexzander ~ Benjamin ~ Lukas ~ Theodore ~ Harrison ~ Finnegan ~ Nathaniel ~ Gabriel ~

Vote On:

Quote Originally Posted by jtucker View Post
    My favorite three from the names you have listed are:

Conner Tobias
    Finnegan Drew
    Marcus Bailey
    Thank you, are there any improvements I could make (well there are always improvements) but any specifics you noticed?

Vote On: