Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Our Five Burning Questions

We're still a little uneasy after what my family said but we are feeling a bit better about our names after our last thread. Now, we have a few questions that we'd love to hear your opinions on!

Here is our original list: Alessandra, Alessia, Arianna, Gianna, Luciana, and Lucia.
    Here are names we like that were suggested to us: Paloma, Valentina, and Viviana.

Question #1: Do you think Arianna, Gianna, and Lucia would cause too many pronunciation errors? We like them pronounced these ways: Air-ee-on-uh, Gee-on-uh, and Loo-shuh.

Question #2: Which do you like best over all with our middle name choices (Lynn and Dianne)? *Note, Lynn and/or Dianne must be spelled as is and at least one must be used*

Question #3: Would using both Lynn and Dianne as two middle names be an overkill (e.x. Alessia Lynn Dianne Martinez)?

Question #4: Would one of the names we like from the suggestions be a better fit with Lynn and/or Dianne and also with Martinez?

Question #5: Do you have any suggestions that you think would just be absolutely perfect for us?

#1 - They may cause pronunciation issues but once you correct people I'm sure they'll know how to say them and I don't think that pronunciation issues are a big deal. But, for what it's worth, I pronounce those names A(short, like in cat)-ree-ann-uh, Gee-ann-ah, and Loo-see-ah

#2 - I like Alessia and Lucia best with Lynn or Dianne because the others have too many n sounds so don't sound quite right. Alessia Dianne and Lucia Dianne flow nicely

#3 - I think that 2 middle names in general is not overkill, especially if they honour people or flow really well, but I think with Lynn and Dianne it is a bit much because they both end in the same sound.

#4 - I like Paloma Dianne and Viviana Lynn. Out of all the names, I think Paloma Dianne Martinez is my favourite

#5 - I'm not very good with suggestions but I'll try! Apologies if these are repeats from your previous threads/ones you have previously said you don't like, I haven't seen them.

Adelina Dianne
    Violetta Lynn
    Ramona Lynn/Dianne
    Just a 19 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future

Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
    Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi

Question #1: Do you think Arianna, Gianna, and Lucia would cause too many pronunciation errors? We like them pronounced these ways: Air-ee-on-uh, Gee-on-uh, and Loo-shuh.
    Arianna would be the easiest. I pronounce Lucia Loo-chee-uh. Gianna... I'm not sure.

Question #2: Which do you like best over all with our middle name choices (Lynn and Dianne)? *Note, Lynn and/or Dianne must be spelled as is and at least one must be used*
    Alessandra Lynn, Alessia Lynn, Arianna Lynn, Gianna Lynn, Lucianna Diane, Lucia Diane, Paloma Diane, Valentina Diane, Viviana Diane...

Question #3: Would using both Lynn and Dianne as two middle names be an overkill (e.x. Alessia Lynn Dianne Martinez)?
    Yes, I think so.

Question #4: Would one of the names we like from the suggestions be a better fit with Lynn and/or Dianne and also with Martinez?
    I like Alessandra Lynn Martinez or Valentina Diane Martinez.

Question #5: Do you have any suggestions that you think would just be absolutely perfect for us?
    Celestia Lynn Martinez
    Cressida Lynn Martinez
    Evangelina Diane Martinez
    Felicia Diane Martinez
    Iris Lynn Martinez
    Isadora Lynn Martinez
    Natalia Lynn Martinez
    Rosette Lynn Martinez
    Renata Lynn Martinez
    Savina Lynn Martinez
    Tallulah Diane Martinez
    Talitha Diane Martinez
    Valencia Diane Martinez
    Veronica Lynn Martinez
    Zara Lynn Martinez
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Thank you for the opinions and suggestions! Unfortunately, none of the suggestions really speak to us sorry! Just as a friendly reminder, we know Dianne is not the most common spelling but please remember that we are not changing the spelling. Lynn and Dianne both honor important people and we will not change the spellings as that is how they spell their names

Behind the name suggests

ah-RYAHN-nah
    JAHN-nah
    LOO-sha

The first two are a bit different to your preferred pronunciations, but there are often multiple ways of saying names, so I'm sure once you've clarified the pronunciation people will remember after that

Alessandra Dianne Lynn M@rtinez - This is my favorite! It's a classic; stunning, beautiful, strong and the pronunciation is straightforward. It is used in both Italian and Spanish and was originally Greek, so to me it is a multicultural name.

Personally I don't see this as overkill since the are both short names. It's not often that you use the whole name together, so even if the flow is not perfect I would do it if you want to honour both women. I prioritise meaning over flow when it comes to middle names.

From the suggestions, I love Viviana! I think this would be too much with Dianne but

Vivianna Lynn M@rtinez

Is lovely! Vivianna is lively and beautiful.

No, the above names are lovely X
    Lee X