Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

the unfortunate Coco McDonald

I was at my school's middle school graduation ceremony a few days ago, and heard a very unfortunate name announced:

Coco McDonald.

Sounds like a fast food item to me. What do you think? It's a girl's full first + surname, not a nickname or anything.
    - Elise -

- lists under construction -

I love Coco!
    Some surnames make it really tough to choose a first name and I feel the pain of these parents...I'm projecting here but my guess is they loved coco so much they had to use it...and paired with McDonald or smith it was their fav and they went with it! When I think McDonald I'm more likely to think "had a farm" so coco doesn't give me the fast food impression so much.

That fn, ln combo isn't the best. I kind of like Coco though, because there's a British presenter (Cherry Healey) with the cutest daughter called Coco, even my mum likes it. But Coco McDonald sounds a bit like the name of a television host for some reason.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ AmadeaGeorgianaViolaPtolemyArchieHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

I've never been crazy about names like Coco, Kitty or Honey, but, I suppose they're all comparable to Millie, Tilly and Daisy on my own lists

It's not that unfortunate. I would class Jamie Oliver's children in the 'unfortunately named' category;

Daisy Boo Pamela - love Daisy, don't mind Pamela, but why Boo?!
    Poppy Honey Rosie - too much 'ee'; but I love Poppy and Rosie
    Petal Blossom Rainbow - nauseatingly, tooth rotting sweet
    Buddy Bear Maurice

It looks like his son got the best deal, then Poppy, then Daisy, then poor little Petal.
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

So... Petal Blossom Rainbow is maybe my favorite guilty pleasure name ever. It is EXACTLY what I would have wanted for myself as a little girl. I understand that Petal will someday wear this name as an adult and may truly hate her parents' whimsy (it's a gamble I would never enter into with my own kid), but I sincerely hope that she grows up with a ton of self confidence and loves it for life.

That said, it does make Coco McDonald seem pretty tame.