Names Searched Right Now:

First names from history...

The history buff in me was enjoying looking through Maine's roster lists from the American Civil War. I came across some very interesting, strange, and even positively delightful first names. Just a warning, it is quite a lengthy list.
    Alonzo
    Addison
    Obediah
    Harlan
    Granville
    Sylvester
    Moody
    Adney
    Lowell
    Albion
    Ellbridge
    Carson
    Newell
    Oshea
    Willard
    Almon
    Atherton
    Theophilus
    Merrill
    Wales
    Gilman
    Royal
    Eben
    Glazier
    Amasa
    Elfin
    Gowen
    Emulus
    Leonidas
    Mansfield
    Myron
    Osgood
    Wright
    Sylvanus
    Elmas
    Iredell
    Abial
    Findley
    Arad
    Danville
    Hokman
    Orchard
    Decatur
    Hudson
    Mattson
    Resolvo
    Merritt
    Erastus
    Reuel
    Laforrest
    Barden
    Vinal
    Ervin
    Ammi

My personal favorite is the extraordinary first/last name combo of Sumner Knox...It is growing on me. Anybody else find any of these intriguing?

I really like historical names! My favorites from the list are Eben and Leonidas.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

I knew an Eben growing up! His best friend was Ben. We used to joke about that!

I also like Harlan, Erastus, and Alonzo. They are great names that make me think of my Grandpa’s friends. It would be so fun to meet a baby Harlan etc.

I've always loved Harlan! Alonzo, Lowell, Albion, Merrill, Royal, Eben, Iredell, and Merritt are also really cool. Civil War-era names are amazing.
    Julia. Teenage lifelong name nerd and future mother

Nathan, Robert, David, Eli/Eliot, Samuel (Sam), James (Jamie), Erik, Rowan, Theodore (Teddy/Ted), Avery, Hector, Benjamin, Luke, Joseph (Joey/Joe)

Eulalia (Loula/Lou), Mary, Catherine (Catlin/Cat), Fern, Honor, Louise, Olivia, Anna/Anne, Joanna, Jane, Laura, Rose, Aoife, Charlotte, Elaine

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain--Vivian Greene