Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these names too close?

No kids or anything, but, I'm looking at a list of boys names that I will probably choose if I have children, and I noticed that they end in EL (sort of/the sound if EL).

Gabriel
    Samuel
    Maxwell

I've loved these names for years and have only just realised that they end in the same sound. I just saw a post asking if 2 girl names were too close because they both had the same last 3 letters.

What do you think? Too close?

I think any two of these would make a handsome sib set. Three might be a bit much. :-P
    I know brothers named Gabriel and Daniel, and I think it's a lovely sibling set. Yes, they end in the same sound, but they are different enough up front to sound really nice together. They also start with different letters, which helps.
    I especially like Gabriel and Samuel together, as they are also linked as Biblical names. I think another Biblical name would fit best:
    Micah
    Michael
    Elias
    Elijah
    Elisha
    Nathaniel/ Nathanael
    Daniel
    Azriel
    Mommy to Travis Nevin and Baby #2 is due first week of April 2015
    Future Sons: Angus Loudon ...or... Harvey Leonhard ...or... Jethro Blaise
    Future Daughters: Ada Katherine "Ada Kate" ...or... Tessa Charlotte ...or... Florence Imogen

These make a great sib set! They can always fall back on Gabe, Sam and Max.

I think it's ok, especially since they'll probably go by nicknames. Style wise, they're great together.
    Cora Madeleine | Gwyneth Rosalie | Hazel Matilda | Margot Eliza | Sylvie Miranda | Vivienne Esme
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Jasper Felix | Leo Vincent | Rhys Anderson

I don't think they sound too similar. The ending is a very diverse one. Plus if they go by nn's any of them they're all very different from one another.