Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    A place in which i am king and you are all my precious underlings.....

What do you think of both my Top 20s?

Okay, I have a somewhat odd taste in names. For boys, I prefer softer, more "feminine" names. For girls, I lean towards harsher, rougher, and mostly more "masculine" names. I have exceptions for both, of course, but that's usually how it is for me. So, here they are:

Boys Top 20:
    Priest
    Booker
    Voski
    Evander
    Vega
    Reka
    Jorgen
    Seneca
    Painter
    Doll
    Snapdragon
    Clement
    Madrigal
    Brock
    Penrose
    Bishop
    Amphion
    Zorion
    Absalom
    Claiborne

Girls Top 20:
    Santa
    Dancer
    Liev
    Riordan
    Edelweiss
    Nero
    Faro
    Xerxes
    Foxglove
    Carbry
    Weaver
    December
    Lilje
    Lliri
    Osisi
    Hart
    Bambalina
    Carver
    Absolute
    Willoughby

Like I said, I have a really weird taste-I mean, just look at some of those! Especially the girls! But, hey, at least these are good for making an impression, right?

Alright, I want your honest opinions-don't worry, you aren't going to hurt my feelings. I'm also completely open to suggestions.
    Last edited by amaya_moonrae; June 5th, 2014 at 12:26 AM.

An interesting and varied list!

Boys Top 20:
    Priest - not my style, wouldn't use it for a kid. What if he's an atheist?
    Booker - nms, nothing wrong with it though
    Voski - cute.
    Evander - I like it. Do you pronounce it e-VAN-der or Evan-der?
    Vega - meh.
    Reka - sounds like a girl's name
    Jorgen - meh.
    Seneca - I've only ever heard this as a girl's name
    Painter - would not use this on a child, what if he grows up with no artistic talent whatsoever? This is my problem with most occupational names by the way.
    Doll - wouldn't give this name to a boy. Maybe if it was spelled Dall...
    Snapdragon - I kinda like it! An excuse to call your son Dragon.
    Clement - Nice.
    Madrigal- not my style
    Brock - Like it
    Penrose - more of a girl's name, but wouldn't mind it on a boy, maybe in the middle spot
    Bishop - nah.
    Amphion - reminds me of amphibians, sorry.
    Zorion - I like it!
    Absalom - like it!
    Claiborne - like it.

Girls Top 20:

Santa - not my style, somewhat popular in Hispanic countries though
    Dancer - nope.
    Liev - I like it but spelled Liv
    Riordan - like it!
    Edelweiss - Love!
    Nero - wouldn't use it for a girl
    Faro - not my style
    Xerxes - wouldn't use it for a girl
    Foxglove - cute
    Carbry - nope.
    Weaver - nope.
    December - I don't mind it.
    Lilje - I like it, it's soft and pretty
    Lliri - how do you pronounce it?
    Osisi - nope. Don't like the sisi sound.
    Hart - meh.
    Bambalina - nope.
    Carver - nope
    Absolute - nope.
    Willoughby - I like it.
    Not a parent, just a name geek!

A place in which i am king and you are all my precious underlings.....

To namewolf_

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate your honest opinion.

With Priest and Painter, I really don't care for the associations-I just like the way the sound and look, which actually
    is the same for many of my other favorites as well. Doll, for me, is really just one of those you hear and get stuck on.
    I pronounce Evander e-VAN-der. Amphion and amphibians is actually a plus for me, as I have a creepy obsessions with amphibians and reptiles. Reka and Seneca are both considered feminine by many, but that's why I like them so
    much-rub it into haters face's how little I care(not calling you a hater, by the by-really do appreciate you honest opinion).

Liev is actually a boys pronounced leev, and its a variation of Lev(although you probably already knew that and were just suggesting Liv-if so, excuse me for sounding rude). Nero, Faro, Xerxes are boys names, and, like with Reka and Seneca, I'm rubbing into those hater's face's how little I care. Santa, Dancer, and Carver are more just guilty pleasures. Lliri is leer-ee. Bambalina is another guilty pleasure. By the by, how do you pronounce Edelweiss?
    Most people seem to say it like eh-del-ways, but, as it's German, the correct way to say is ay-del-WHYS(maybe I'm wrong, not a 100% sure).

Again, thanks for your honest opinion! And excuse me for any awkwardness, I'm still new here.
    Last edited by amaya_moonrae; June 5th, 2014 at 01:32 AM.

Edelweiss is pronounced EH-dell-vice (eh sounding like ear without pronouncing the r at the end) in German.
    From your list I like Seneca, Penrose and Evander for a boy and I'm not a fan of any of your girls names.
    Melody ~ Esther ~ Leona ~ Helena ~ Rowena ~ Elspeth ~ Aurora ~ Hermione ~ Elowen ~ Rose ~ Clara ~ Eleanor ~ Hazel ~ Amelie ~ Audrey ~ Romilly ~ Adele ~ Polly ~ Josephine ~ Leonora

Oliver ~ Henry ~ Arthur ~ Felix ~ Theodore ~ Marcel ~ Rowan ~ Asher ~ Caspian ~ Gideon ~ Archer ~ Charlie ~ Benedict ~ Julian ~ Tristan ~ Edward ~ Maxwell ~ August ~ Christopher

Guilty Pleasures
    Apollonia ~ Ophelia ~ Isolde ~ Calypso
    Magnus ~ River ~ Atticus ~ Dashiell

I'm not really a fan of any of your boy names, but if I had to pick a few out I guess Brock isn't all that bad. And Zorion's okay, too.

And as far as your girls names go, Dancer is my favorite. I think I'd probably like Santa too, if it weren't for that Claus association. And Nero's pretty neat as well.
    Last edited by cocowhite; June 5th, 2014 at 09:50 PM.
    Julia. Teenberry. No kids for a while (obvi) but I want lots in the future.

Girls: Diana, Dorothy, Millicent, Mildred, Matilda, Teagan, Leonora, Henrietta, Afternoon, Prairie. . .

Boys: Leo, Leonardo, Michelangelo, John, Isaac, Isaiah, Samson, Abraham, Gus, Amadeus, Orion. . .