Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on this double barrel first name

I'd like to use Lorelei Wren as a double barrel first name ( like Mary Catherine) what do you think of it? Also, how does it work exactly? I want her to have a middle name too, would it be best if I hyphenate it so it doesn't just look like two middle names? Other options? Thank you!
    Brittany Leigh, but I prefer just Britt
    I have two children, a set of fraternal twins.
    My son is Liam Seth and my daughter is Lyrik Avryll (nn Cricket)

Name crushes: Lydia, Persephone, Reverie, Ledger, Sullivan, Rhys, Lincoln, Link, Remy, Lilith, Gwendolyn, Artemis, Athena, Solomon, Lux, Lorelei, Scout, Bellamy, Grier, Rhett, Carlysle, Cordelia

Honestly, I have a very difficult time saying it. Going from all those L's to the R sound for Wren doesn't slip off the tongue.

I could get used to it. I always think double-barreled names sound so clunky and awkward in principle but they're quite easy to adjust to in real life. I have a close friend called Anna-Krista and when I first met her I was like ''no way, I'll not be able to stop myself from just calling her Anna'' but now I just think of it as one name, I can't imagine her as anything else.

Lorelei and Wren are both lovely and the flow is nice enough, but honestly I don't think they're very well matched as a double-barreled name; they're just way to distinct in themselves to use together as one, as a singular label for a child/person. Do you know what I mean? If anything I think double names work best when one is more classic. Just looking at your signature I love the idea of Lydia-Wren.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Thanks so much @oliviasarah! What a kind and thoughtful response.
    Last edited by warpedbritt; June 5th, 2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Brittany Leigh, but I prefer just Britt
    I have two children, a set of fraternal twins.
    My son is Liam Seth and my daughter is Lyrik Avryll (nn Cricket)

Name crushes: Lydia, Persephone, Reverie, Ledger, Sullivan, Rhys, Lincoln, Link, Remy, Lilith, Gwendolyn, Artemis, Athena, Solomon, Lux, Lorelei, Scout, Bellamy, Grier, Rhett, Carlysle, Cordelia

I think Lorelei Wren is a sweet, unique, double-barrel name! Not sure if it's what you're going for, but Lorelei Wren makes me think Southern, US all the way (which I personally LOVE). I'd be thrilled to meet a little girl called this! As for a middle name, I'd probably just add one on... I'm not really a fan of hyphenating.
    John 3:16