Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on this double barrel first name

I'd like to use Lorelei Wren as a double barrel first name ( like Mary Catherine) what do you think of it? Also, how does it work exactly? I want her to have a middle name too, would it be best if I hyphenate it so it doesn't just look like two middle names? Other options? Thank you!
    Brittany Leigh, but I prefer just Britt
    I have two children, a set of fraternal twins.
    My son is Liam Seth and my daughter is Lyrik Avryll (nn Cricket)

Name crushes: Lydia, Persephone, Reverie, Ledger, Sullivan, Rhys, Lincoln, Link, Remy, Lilith, Gwendolyn, Artemis, Athena, Solomon, Lux, Lorelei, Scout, Bellamy, Grier, Rhett, Carlysle, Cordelia

Honestly, I have a very difficult time saying it. Going from all those L's to the R sound for Wren doesn't slip off the tongue.

I could get used to it. I always think double-barreled names sound so clunky and awkward in principle but they're quite easy to adjust to in real life. I have a close friend called Anna-Krista and when I first met her I was like ''no way, I'll not be able to stop myself from just calling her Anna'' but now I just think of it as one name, I can't imagine her as anything else.

Lorelei and Wren are both lovely and the flow is nice enough, but honestly I don't think they're very well matched as a double-barreled name; they're just way to distinct in themselves to use together as one, as a singular label for a child/person. Do you know what I mean? If anything I think double names work best when one is more classic. Just looking at your signature I love the idea of Lydia-Wren.
    close to my heart / future darlings
    Rufus Kielder - Emmett Hugh - Alec Amadeus - Wilf Nicholas
    Estella Agnes - Oona Margaret - Billie Cordelia - Beatrix Georgia

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Thanks so much @oliviasarah! What a kind and thoughtful response.
    Last edited by warpedbritt; June 5th, 2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Brittany Leigh, but I prefer just Britt
    I have two children, a set of fraternal twins.
    My son is Liam Seth and my daughter is Lyrik Avryll (nn Cricket)

Name crushes: Lydia, Persephone, Reverie, Ledger, Sullivan, Rhys, Lincoln, Link, Remy, Lilith, Gwendolyn, Artemis, Athena, Solomon, Lux, Lorelei, Scout, Bellamy, Grier, Rhett, Carlysle, Cordelia

I think Lorelei Wren is a sweet, unique, double-barrel name! Not sure if it's what you're going for, but Lorelei Wren makes me think Southern, US all the way (which I personally LOVE). I'd be thrilled to meet a little girl called this! As for a middle name, I'd probably just add one on... I'm not really a fan of hyphenating.
    John 3:16