Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help! Baby name plan foiled by shooting one week until he is here and no name

Hi all. I have a baby boy due in a week. I never thought I would be in this position where we had no name so close, being a real baby name geek. The problem is, we had chosen the name Elliot, but since that shooting a couple of weeks ago, I just can't use it. So we are at square one.

I already have a son named Jasper, so that needs to be considered.

Some of the names we have been thinking of are. Would like opinions on some of my concerns.

Edward: one of the big issues with this name for is the Twighlight connection with Jasper, also out surname starts with a D. I do like the nickname Ned

Theodore: I like this more Thant husband, I like Theo and Teddy as nicknames but not sure if we would ever use the full name which I don't really like

Alfred: not sure if I am brave enough for this one and the popularity of Alfie in the UK kind of puts me off.

Any other suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Edward- Honestly, only Twilight buffs would get this- I had no idea. You still might want to take it into consideration though.
    Theodore- A great name. However, if you don't like the full version, I wouldn't use it.
    Alfred- I think this is a great name, and the nn Freddie / Alfie makes it perfectly usable.

Suggestions:
    Albert
    Theo
    Theone
    Edmund
    Willem
    Ned
    Evander
    Ellery
    Ellis
    Wesley
    Willis
    Thaddeus
    Sullivan
    Solomon
    Tristan
    Tobias
    Torin
    Thompson
    Taddeus (nn Teddy)
    Philo
    Teilo (TAY-lo)
    Enzo
    Remus
    Andrew
    Murphy
    Dashiell
    Boaz
    Amias
    Adlai
    Clark
    Arthur
    Lemuel
    Abner
    Oliver
    Elia
    Seamus
    Raymond (nn Ray, or just Ray)
    Matthias
    Mateo
    Marcel
    Marcus
    Lionel
    Kieran
    Emery
    Emmett / Emmet
    Girls:Vesper Novella Pearl-Elke Esmeralda Snow-Nanetta Yuki Florence-Rowena Fern-Artemis Opal Owl-Cappi Theodora Sun-Dagny Petra-Oona Owl-Mary Max-Frances Henriette-Edwige Garnet-Alberta Benilde, Lolly Agnes-Bunny Maude-Lumi Faye-Dossie Moe-Capella Happy- Agnessa?-Birdie?-Zelda?-Flora?-Ginger?, Prudence?.

Boys:Roland Basil-Magnus Owl-Linus Robert-Frodi Lou-Obi Prosper-Enzo Noble-Cello Floyd-Dougal Morris-Horatio Albert-Grover ?-Hubert Walter-Rufus Rex-John ?-Joe Lazarus-Bede ?.

I love Edward! It's a lovely classic name but I agree that it does seem twilighty with Jasper. Then again, I only know this because my sister used to love it and watched the movies all the time, so I think that someone who isn't a fan wouldn't notice. Give it a few years and nobody would even think twice about any twilight name.

I really love Theodore and it's great with Jasper. The nickname Teddy is adorable! I'm not a huge fan of Alfred but I think it's cute and I'd like to see it used, even though I wouldn't use it myself. Alfie is a cute nickname but I agree that it is pretty popular. I know two little Alfies.

Some suggestions: (sorry if I repeat any that have already been said)
    Thomas
    Timothy
    Wilfred (like Alfred)
    Louis
    Maxwell
    Toby/Tobias
    Daniel
    Dashiell
    Phineas
    Quentin
    George
    Patrick
    Oscar
    Felix
    Otto
    Evan
    Harrison
    Henry
    Richard

I love Edward, but it's too Twilight... and Ned would run together with your surname. From your choices, I like Theodore (Theo) the best. Other suggestions (sorry for any repeats)...
    Jasper and Anton
    Jasper and Alec
    Jasper and Bram
    Jasper and Abram
    Jasper and Blaine
    Jasper and Blake
    Jasper and Blaise
    Jasper and Byron
    Jasper and Bennett
    Jasper and Christian
    Jasper and Clark
    Jasper and Collin
    Jasper and Callum
    Jasper and Clarence
    Jasper and Dean
    Jasper and Cyrus
    Jasper and Darius
    Jasper and Silas
    Jasper and Elias
    Jasper and Ezra
    Jasper and Frederick
    Jasper and Franklin
    Jasper and Flynn
    Jasper and Garrett
    Jasper and Gareth
    Jasper and Grant
    Jasper and Graham
    Jasper and Heath
    Jasper and Hugh
    Jasper and Harvey
    Jasper and Henry
    Jasper and Harold
    Jasper and Isaac
    Jasper and Irving
    Jasper and Keane
    Jasper and Lawrence
    Jasper and Lewis
    Jasper and Lucas
    Jasper and Leo
    Jasper and Leon
    Jasper and Martin
    Jasper and Marcus
    Jasper and Miles
    Jasper and Nolan
    Jasper and Pierce
    Jasper and Quentin
    Jasper and Roland
    Jasper and Reid
    Jasper and Rhys
    Jasper and Simon
    Jasper and Stanton
    Jasper and Soren
    Jasper and Samson
    Jasper and Samuel
    Jasper and Reuben
    Jasper and Roman
    Jasper and Tristan
    Jasper and Tobias
    Jasper and Walden
    Jasper and Winston
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Thank you all so much for your replies and suggestions! I actually realised that Edward would run in with our surname. My favourite is Theodore too but i would have to convince my hubby. I also LOVE Hugo but it has been vetoed.

We toyed with Frederick for a week, but then today I found out I had a mentally unwell great uncle with that name who died tragically and it has put me off.

We are thinking now about Alistair, what do you think? My husband loves it, I have an issue with the confused pronunciation but now might need to overlook that as we are getting so close. I am in Australia and here some
    people pronounce it Al-is-tear and some people Al-is-tuh. In the UK I think it is generally the latter pronunciation which we prefer. I just don't know if I can bring myself to choose a name with a pronunciation issue as my name has that issue and it has always bothered me.