Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Emerold; an acceptable name for a boy?

Do you think Emerold sounds ok for a boy?

I'm thinking Emerald + the likes of Leopold, Arnold, Harold etc

The boy has green eyes and was given the first name by his mother Willabelle - a creative type.

I wouldn't really say its a fantasy story, but others would - it's a bit surreal.

To go along with middle names Blaise Drago.

Well, if his mother was the creative type as you say, then why not? I have a male character named Emerald, though he goes by his middle name, so as far as I'm concerned it's a perfectly acceptable name for a boy.

too subtle - the masculine changes to Emerald will not be heard when this name is used on a day to day basis

plus its an out there, trying too hard spelling

id try Errol, a more 'legit' name with a similar sound

i prefer an unheard of name over a common name with an odd spelling, even if its just on paper
    Last edited by orphanedhanyou; June 4th, 2014 at 08:03 PM.
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Interesting.

It's funny how changing one letter can make it become try hard.
    I'd add that the character goes by his middle name Blaise and that he doesn't fancy his first name much.

I often think as well how Artemis Fowl from the successful book series had a very feminine first name. But it just became a point brought up on more than one occasion.

I definitely think Emerold would work, but I think the Emerald spelling would be even better- good luck .
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712