Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hungrymuse View Post
    Someone on these boards suggested a name test. You say out loud "the honorable judge (insert name) presiding. If it sounds crazy, the name is not usable.
    That is a really good idea!
    TTC Since January 2012

Current Name Obsessions:

Priscilla Rose | Evangeline Belle | Genevieve Iris
    Gabriel Joseph | Henry Daniel | Leo Alexander

@hungrymuse - I may try that, I know babynamegenie has a test drive generator, where you input the name and it spits out test sentences at you Thanks!

@heatherleigh - I think that'll likely happen. I love Isobel, but don't see myself with a daughter named Isobel, but I'll likely use it in the middle for a lot of different names on my list I'll try that with the whole list too, thank you
    Ladies: Florence•Amelia•Daisy•Martha•Millie•Scar lett•Sophia•Poppy•Freya•Amelie•Maisie• Olivia•Charlotte•Imogen•Harriet
    Evie•Lillian•Isabelle•Ella•Louisa•Eleano r•Violet•Lucy•Annabelle•Phoebe•Elsie•M innie•Matilda•Grace•Evelyn•Pixie

Gentlemen: Albert•Matthew•Henry•Louis•William•Harry •Teddy•James•Charlie•Christopher• Ernest•Andrew•Adam•Thomas•Alfie
    Edward•Archie•Daniel•Harrison•George•Sta nley•Joel•Rafferty•Michael•Samuel•Winsto n•Freddie•Darcy

I just posted a thread with the exact same question yesterday! XD So far I've only gotten sympathies and no solutions *sigh*

It's difficult when when you're the only one who has any say in it....
    My lists are sadly longer than yours, at 120 for each gender at least.
    I manage to rule out (or bump to middle name only) about 5 names from each list with every method I've tried so far. It's not making big enough dents! And I'm always reminded of names that should be on the list.
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Emerence + Eulalie + Everild + Flora + Helena + Leonor + Louisa + Nimue + Ophelia + Rosalind
    Balthasar + Edmund + Emmanuel + Emrys + Ignatius + Isidor + Leonidas + Oberon + Valentine

Want to help me with my lists?
    GIRLS
    BOYS

Bloom + Blythe + Evening + Mercy + Vesper + Briar + Boone + Forest + Hawthorn + Prosper

Quote Originally Posted by dearest View Post
    I just posted a thread with the exact same question yesterday! XD So far I've only gotten sympathies and no solutions *sigh*

It's difficult when when you're the only one who has any say in it....
    My lists are sadly longer than yours, at 120 for each gender at least.
    I manage to rule out (or bump to middle name only) about 5 names from each list with every method I've tried so far. It's not making big enough dents! And I'm always reminded of names that should be on the list.
    We should email each other the lists for feedback and opinions :P I'm re-adding everything to my girl's list again, it puts it back up towards the 200's.

I miss being picky with my names
    Ladies: Florence•Amelia•Daisy•Martha•Millie•Scar lett•Sophia•Poppy•Freya•Amelie•Maisie• Olivia•Charlotte•Imogen•Harriet
    Evie•Lillian•Isabelle•Ella•Louisa•Eleano r•Violet•Lucy•Annabelle•Phoebe•Elsie•M innie•Matilda•Grace•Evelyn•Pixie

Gentlemen: Albert•Matthew•Henry•Louis•William•Harry •Teddy•James•Charlie•Christopher• Ernest•Andrew•Adam•Thomas•Alfie
    Edward•Archie•Daniel•Harrison•George•Sta nley•Joel•Rafferty•Michael•Samuel•Winsto n•Freddie•Darcy

I don't have quite the same problem because I have like a top 50 for each gender and probably a half of it is controversial because of the associations, a few ones don't go with the last name and from the remaining there usually are like 3-5 names that I am sure are safe and will be pronounced easily by some of my relatives who don't speak English. But it can't stop me from adding the ones I will never use to my list.
    My advice is to do a little research and find out which of your names have the best associations, meanings and whether they will be safe from teasing, bullying or mispronounciation. I know some Berries use their favorites at Starbucks, which I think is a nice "crush test".
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby