Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    A place in which i am king and you are all my precious underlings.....

Rougher,less cutesy/girly/feminine names for my little protagonist?

1: ‘NAMING X’ Form

Genre of Story:Mixed;Fantasy,Sc-fi,Romance,and a little Dysotpian.
    Time Period/Location:Year is 7041,and Earth is no more.No other planet could sustain human life,so scientists found out about 22(the first one is our universe,which is now a wasteland)alternate universes that they were able to reside in.The alternate universes are called dimensions,which are either dystopian ruled or completely utopian.The story mainly takes place in Dimension 20,a utopia recovering from dystopia.

Character Description:Female,very small(5-1),curvy,shapely,and olive toned,borderline pale,with very short,metallic blue hair.Pro(lets just call her that for now)can literally see another individuals strengths and weaknesses,which she deems unfair.As such,she always has her eyes closed.Her eyes are a very creepy shade of dark red.Basically,if you've ever seen a new born kitten, she sort of looks like that.Passive,possesive,yet loyal and kind,this 15 year old powerhouse will protect you to the very end-even if she hates you.If you need safety,she is your (wo)man.However,be warned-her love of combat is so extreme that she will lose control in the heat of battle and destroy everything around her.Pro is also a bit smug,and holds grudges for a very long time.She never knew her parents,but has been around since the beginning of her dimensions utopia.

Brief Plot:There is a group of strange "people",usually deformed in some way(scales,green skin etc.)that reside in Dimension 7.They are in charge of protecting all of the other dimensions(they usually have some sort of power,like telekinesis)as all,even utopias,have the threat of Ruth's,a race of dragonic,bloodthirsty creatures that deem anything that moves an enemy.Our heroine is the only one in her dimension that isn't afraid of the Ruth's,and,after bravely confronting one,finds a new friend.

Who named the character:Two men;Illuminati(lol kri8iff)and his uncle,Siegfried,whom both had a taste for rough,harsh names that didn't exactly roll of the tongue.

Immediate Family:Biological family killed of by a Ruth when Pro was an infant,so she's been raised by Illu and Sig(nns).Both major characters.

Already Considered:Brock and Santa.Can't use Brock because of Pokémon(would be thought of as a rip-off by many)and Santa because its too femme and,well....Santa.

Don’t Suggest These Names:Feminine,girly,or cutesy names.

Anything else?:The "culture" of Dimension 20 is based on music;there,music is very important.

Whew!Okay,so I don't have a complete grasp on anything,really,but hey,starting a bit early won't hurt!Tell me what you think.

How about Madrigal, Amphion (usually for boys, but still), Sonata, Danae, Allegro, Amadeus (also usually for boys), Brio, or Calliope? They're all music-related.

A place in which i am king and you are all my precious underlings.....

To emmyent

Ooh!I really like Amphion!It doesn't exactly fit my criteria,but I still like it a lot.I'll probably use it as a last name.Thank you!

You've sort of got to pick or choose whether you want harsh names that don't exactly roll of the tongue or musical-themed names, since they're pretty much opposites. Music names are essentially the epitome of ringing, graceful, flamboyant Italianness. It'd be helpful if you gave us some other names of characters in the story, since there's little to go off of stylistically other than Illuminati and Siegfried. You also mentioned that Emmy's list didn't fit your criteria, yet you didn't really give us what criteria you specifically wanted us to meet.

Here are some that are bit of an in-between:
    Cadenza
    Lyric
    Etude
    Boheme
    Cello
    Echo

Other names I just think would work for character/story:
    Juno, Io, Arlo,
    Xanthe, Xena, Xenobia
    Seren
    Mave
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I don't find Santa to be too feminine; the major issue with that name, I find, is the primary association with Santa Claus. I'd suggest Stanza as a replacement, as it has a similar sound and a (literally) poetic meaning, and poetry and music are often intertwined.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid