Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Congrats to you on your pregnancy and welcome to Nameberry. Personally, I would avoid another name that ends the same way with Raven (eg. Allyson, Jordan, Aspen, Katelyn etc) as well as those which have a pronounced "ay" sound (eg. Kaelyn, Kayden). From your lists, I think these names would be good options without being too matchy. My faves are bolded below.

Amber
    Molly
    Scarlett
    Chloe

Emmett
    Bennett
    Samuel
    Matthew
    Eli
    Myles
    Nicholas
    Alexander

I don't know if you want more suggestions but here are some names that I think would make great choices for Raven's miracle sibling.

Other Suggestions

Girl

Willow
    Aubrey
    Shelby
    Noelle
    Journey
    Brielle
    Aria
    Sierra
    Isis
    Skye
    Piper
    Ivy
    Marlowe
    Sydney

Boy

Zephyr
    Theo
    Jericho
    Phoenix
    Axel
    Jett
    Hart
    Brody
    Asher
    Shiloh
    Heath
    Cooper
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Raven sounds nice with Samuel, Scarlett, Colin, & Josie IMO. I like Josie & Samuel the best, though
    Tatum Alyssa Conway ♥ Harrison Michael Graff

| Summer | Ariana | Aubrey (g) | Emma | Raleigh (g) | Sienna/Senna | Sydney | Casey (g) | Megan | Karina | Jayden (b/g) | Blaise | Theo | Cameron (b) | Aaron | Connor | Liam | Colt |

Please Vote

Quote Originally Posted by ravensmomma View Post
    Hello all I'm new here. My name is Jayne and I have a 10 year old daughter named Raven. I am currently unexpectedly 28 weeks pregnant with my second child. We don't know this babies gender and aren't really sure where to go name wise.

My top 5 girl picks are:
    Josie
    Amber
    Allyson
    Lainey
    Molly

DH top 5 girls:
    Emmalynn
    Jordan
    Ryan
    Aspen
    Kaelyn

Rae's picks:
    Scarlett
    Madison
    Katelyn
    Chloe
    Hayley

My boys picks:
    Emmett
    Bennett
    Samuel
    Jakob
    Matthew

DH picks:
    Weston
    Ashton
    Kayden
    Ryan
    Colin

Rae's picks:
    Eli
    Declan (the name of her first boyfriend when she was 6)
    Myles
    Nicholas
    Alexander

What do you all think of the name choices? We were quite unprepared. After several miscarriages over the last 8 years we just thought that Raven would be our only blessing.

Thanks so much everyone.
    Girls:
    I love Allyson. I also love Lainey and Josie but as nicknames. Delaney or Alaina nn Lainey. Or Jocelyn nn Josie. I find Molly mismatched with Raven and I dislike Amber. I don't like any of the girl names your husband picked....well I like Aspen (it's the name of my cat) but I think it would lead to unnecessary teasing since it's the first syllable that's stressed. I like Hayley best from your daughters list.

Boys:

Love your boy list. Samuel, Matthew, Bennett, Emmett, Jakob...in that Weston, Ashton and Colin from your husbands boy list. I like Ryan but think it's too close to Raven. Nicholas, Alexander and Declan from your daughters boy list. I like Eli as a nn for Elias or Elijah. Myles I've never been able to get behind.

Your husband seems to really like Ryan. Maybe you could use that as the middle name regardless of gender....

Delaney Ryan nn Lainey
    Alaina Ryan nn Lainey
    Hayley Ryan (I actually know a woman named this..spelled differently)

Samuel Ryan
    Nicholas Ryan

Other combos based on names actually on your lists...

Weston Matthew
    Weston Alexander
    Colin Alexander
    Colin Matthew
    Samuel Jakob
    Declan Matthew

Suggestions (besides Alaina, Delaney, Jocelyn and Elias):

Alexa or Alexandra....nn Ally, Alex or Lexi
    Bridget
    Caroline nn Carrie or Carly
    Fiona
    Gianna (Gia or Gigi )
    Iris
    Kaia
    Kiersten
    Marissa
    Meredith (Meri)
    Mya (or Maia or Maya)
    Piper
    Quinn
    Samantha
    Willow
    Zoe-- I actually super love this with Raven.

Beckett
    Cole
    Dominick
    Evan
    Hayden
    Isaac
    Joshua
    Kyle
    Landon
    Malachi..Kai. Mack
    Tyler
    Vincent...Vin/ny, Vince
    William
    Xander
    Zachary
    ~*~Ames~*~

Proud mommy of three beautiful girls:
    Delaney Brooke (6-27-05)
    Ryley Kate (4-16-07)
    Quinn Michaela (6-1-13)

I I would go with Willow or something along those lines with a daughter named Raven. If your not concerned about making a sibset, all the names you listed are nice (except Ryan on a girl, it's a boys name) though Chloe is not my style. Colin and Raven sound great together and I love the suggestion Corbin, meaning "raven", for a boy.

Thanks all for the suggestions. For those that have asked my husbands name is Erik.
    I'm not 100% sold on Willow. Seems to masculine to me. I do like Corbin and I brought it up to Erik and he said he likes it too.

We may make Ryan a middle name. It is a name that Erik has ALWAYS loved. It was his choice for Ravens name had she been a boy.