Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    With Antoine and Cassia, I especially like Mireia, Noemie, Thea, and Evanthe.

I like Alethea, but I would prefer Althea with Cassia. Somehow CASS-ee-ah and ah-LEE-thee-ah are more similar than CASS-ee-ah and al-THEE-ah.
    Last edited by emsky; June 4th, 2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: forgot Evanthe!
    Cora Madeleine~Dahlia Vesper~Fiona Elspeth~Gwyneth Rosalie~Hazel Matilda~Margot Eliza~Sylvie Eloise~Vivienne Esme
    Arlo Vincent~Callum Ezra~Emmett Sebastian~Evander Leo~Julian Matteo~Lucian Xavier~Milo Everett~Theo Jameson

Hmm. Finding a name that will hold its own/fit next to Antoine and Cassia is definitely challenging.

Alethea - I like it, but I agree with the pp who said it's a little confusing because of Anthea/Althea.
    Aquila - Reeeeally like this one. The repeating first initial bothers me a little, but that aside, I think Aquila is closest to the sort of almost-exotic, ancient, quiet wisdom that Antoine and Cassia have going on.
    Aurea / Auriel / Aurielle - When I look at Aurea, all I can see is areola. I don't have that problem with Auriel/Aurielle, but I'm still just lukewarm about all three names.
    Chrysanthe - I like it, but it's a little weirder than Antoine and Cassia. And kind of aggressively Greek.
    Elodie - This one feels too normal next to Antoine and Cassia, plus you don't sound as though you love it.
    Emmanuelle - Eh. I feel like I should really like this one for you, but I've never liked the combination of sounds. It makes me think of sheep bleating for some reason (religious connections, maybe? I don't know.)
    Evanthe - Has the right vibe, but looks like a feminization of Evan that's trying too hard, even though I'm aware of its history.
    Everild - Feels overly straightlaced and frumpy next to A & C.
    Ione - I think the vibe fits, but I have the same concerns as with Chrysanthe. Plus pronunciation issues.
    Jacinda - Feels fluffy and almost vapid beside Antoine and Cassia. I don't think it's grounded enough to hold its own against them at all. I like the sound, though.
    Lysandra - Ditto what Katie said. Also, the -sandra part adds an element of dated-ness.
    Marianthe - Intriguing and pretty, but once again significantly weirder than siblings' names.
    Melisande - Pretty much word for word what Katie said.
    Mireia - I love this name. Soooo fantastic. I can't tell whether it actually fits or I'm just biased, though. I'd like to think it actually fits.
    Nereida - Differing weirdness level again. I like it, though.
    Noemie - Yeah, I agree with pps. It'd be a lifetime of "Naomi?"
    Petra - Fits the ancient sagacity thing, and I adore it, but I think Katie's right that it's a little severe.
    Rosamond - Should fit, but it's much stuffier than the other two, and feels more Western European. Ends up clashing.
    Serena - I would love this for you if it wasn't the name of a Gossip Girl character/cheesy Pirates of the Caribbean mermaid/every fanfiction Mary Sue ever.
    Silvana - Is great. A little wilder than Antoine and Cassia, but I like that about it. It complements rather than clashes.
    Thea - I almost like it, but I agree that it's maybe too short, and it also doesn't have much of a spark. It's always felt like a wet blanket kind of name to me.

You've made me want to go look at saints' names. Maybe I will! The only suggestions I can think of, off the top of my head, are Odette, Roxana, Sibylla/Sybilla/Sybella, and Thais/Thaisa, but I don't think the first three have any saint connections.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Iphigenia Cleo
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

From your list the ones I think are the most useable are
    Alethea (I know of one), Serena, Thea, Petra, and Ione (I think if the actress Ione Skye). My favorite is Ione and then Serena.

Alethea - I'm kind of "eh" about this name, but I do like it more than just Thea, and I love the meaning.
    Aquila - Pretty, but maybe a bit too unusual for a first name.
    Aurea / Auriel / Aurielle - None of these are as pretty as Aurelia, unfortunately, and I think they would be confused with all the Arias and Ariels out there.
    Chrysanthe - Love it, but it's definitely a bold choice. Also, a tad similar in sound to Cassia with the hard "c" and "s" sounds.
    Elodie - Goes wonderfully with the sibset!
    Emmanuelle - Love, love, love! But didn't you mention once that you didn't want to use it because your husband once dated an Emmanuelle?
    Evanthe - Out of the -the names on your list, I think this is probably the most familiar and usable, and I think it goes well with Antoine and Cassia.
    Everild - Although I know it's a legitimate name of a saint, it seems more like the kind of name you'd find in a fantasy novel, rather than real life. (Also, I it looks so masculine to me for some reason, even though it know it's a girl's name.)
    Ione - If you pronounce it with an "Ee" sound at the beginning, it's kind of pretty, but I tend to dislike the "Eye" sound in general.
    Jacinda - It's not a personal favorite of mine, but I do like how Jacinda and Cassia both have a bit of a botanical connection (hyacinth and cinnamon) without being obvious.
    Lysandra - Liss-sandra is pretty. I'm not fond of Lye-sandra.
    Marianthe - Oo, this is a new one! I like it, but I don't think it's very usable in real life. It's bit too unusual. Just Marian would be lovely, though!
    Melisande - Another one of my personal favorites! I think it goes well with the sibset, but I go back and forth on whether it works as a first name in real life. (It's more middle name material for me, personally.)
    Mireia - Gorgeous, but tough to pronounce. Also, though it sounds different, visually it shares an -ia ending with Cassia.
    Nereida - I'm not a fan. It's a bit much for RL.
    Noemie - Love this with the sibset!
    Petra - Also goes well with the sibset, although perhaps a bit plain.
    Rosamond - Although the meaning of Rosamond has nothing to do with roses, it still feels a bit botanical due to the beginning, so I like that pseudo-connection with Cassia. Goes really well with the sibling names.
    Serena - Love this name! It's a bit more popular than your other choices, yet I can see it working with the sibset.
    Silvana - I totally agree with truenature's description. Silvana would be my favorite choice for you as well. It's familiar, but with an exotic twist, like Antoine and Cassia.
    Thea - Would make a sweet nickname for Alethea or any of the -the names, but I'm not a huge fan of it on it's own.

Favorites that are usable: Silvana, Emmanuelle, Noemie, Serena, Rosamond, Elodie, Evanthe

Love, but maybe not so usable: Melisande, Chrysanthe, Aquila, Lysandra (Liss-version), Marianthe, Mireia

Usable, but a bit underwhelming: Petra, Jacinda, Alethea/Thea, Aurea / Auriel / Aurielle

Not a personal fan: Nereida, Everild, Ione
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

Thank you all so much. Just curious, is Mireya more usable than Mireia? I think the Catalan version looks sleeker but the pronunciation for Mireya is more obvious (and avoids the -ia ending with Cassia).
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq