Names Searched Right Now:

Favourite Irish and Gaelic Girls Names?

I'm not 100% sure if the two categories are the same, or separate, so, I'll separate them for this. I love Irish and Gaelic names for girls, and they seem to be a massive GP for me (so I'd likely only use most of them as a middle, unless by some odd, wonderful twist of fate, I'm whisked off to Ireland to live there forever and ever...), but I don't seem to have that many definite favourites.

As of right now, I like;

Aoife (Ee-fa)
    Roisin (Ro-sheen)
    Saoirse (Sear-sha/Sir-sha - I've heard both)
    Bridie
    Aoibheann
    Caitlin
    Keira/Ciara (I prefer the Keira spelling)
    Orlaith/Orla (I prefer the Orla spelling)
    Fallon (a big GP of mine)
    Kathleen
    Kelly

When it comes to names from Irish and Gaelic origins, what are your favourites?
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

I'm really loving Irish and Gaelic names currently, especially for boys! But I still have a few favorite girls' names as well.

Maeve
    Aislinn
    Caitlin
    Niamh
    Adair
    Aoife
    SparkleNinja18
    Competitive dancer, hopeful writer, sophomore in high school, and most importantly, name obsessed.

Bows: Adair Elowen ~ Adalyn Faith ~ Iris Magdelen ~ Lila Romilly ~ Leonor Violet ~ Maeve Tallulah ~ Sadie Caroline ~ Thea Rowan

Beaus: Archer Murray ~ Carter James ~ Jasper ? ~ Nolan Christopher ~ Ronan August ~ Ryder Matthias ~ Torin Matthias

Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins

Irish/Gaelic girls' names - my favourite topic

I love many of the ones you listed
    Aoife
    Roisin
    Saoirse
    Aoibheann (sometimes Irish names just look like a string of random letters lol, I love it!)
    Ciara (I am not a fan of Keira though)
    Orla

Some other of my favourites:
    Ailbhe
    Caoimhe
    Eabha (I love the name Ava and this is my way of being youneek, at least it's a legit name!)
    Fionnuala
    Iseult/Yseult
    Ailis
    Aisling
    Alana
    Eibhlin
    Eimear
    Meabh (I dislike Maeve though)
    Muireann
    Una
    Roise (I can't find a reliable source with this listed as a name so it might not be legit, but I really hope it is)

Eilidh
    Ailsa
    Fiona
    Isobel
    Mairead
    Mairi
    Just a 19 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future

Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
    Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi

Mairéad/Mairead is one of my favourites, and I love Caoimhe, Eibhlin, and Ailbhe. I have a bit of a guilty love for Orlaith, but only when it's mispronounced. I wish Or-layth were a name. :P
    Last edited by myosotis; June 2nd, 2014 at 06:07 PM.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ✦ Pandora Valencia Fae ✧ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ✦
    Little Misses
    ✧ Caspian Sherlock Walter ✦ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ✧
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    Mairéad/Mairead is one of my favourites, and I love Caoimhe, Eibhlin, and Ailbhe. I have a bit of a guilty love for Orlaith, but only when it's mispronounced. I wish Or-layth were a name. :P
    Well I suppose in the US you could likely get away with Orlaith as Or-layth I've never seen it used here in North America, so I doubt many people would know any different, haha.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"