Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kirsty - is it still usable?

A big GP of mine (for a while now) is the name Kirsty. I never really thought about it until I was about 15 years old, and met a couple of girls from the UK via Twitter with the name. They were all positive associations to the name, and therefore, I began to like it. The sound seemed nice, and I had no reason to dislike it, other than the fact that it happens to be very dated.

I don't know why I'm suddenly second-guessing it as an addition to my list, but I am. I still love the sound of the name, but, I fear it will suffer the same fate as the other various dated (particularly dated in the UK) name choices - Courtney, Nicola, Gemma, Kelsey, Stephanie, etc.

Do you think Kirsty is still a usable choice? I'm thinking about Kirsty-Louise or Kirsty Elizabeth, but I'm not 100% sure (then again, there's also Kirsty Elizabeth Louise). Filler names don't really bother me in the middle, if they're a name I truly like (so you won't see any Rose or Marie in the middle spot on my list), so that doesn't affect what I choose for me.
    Girls: Doris ❀ Amelia ❀ Freya ❀ Martha ❀ Violet ❀ Lauren ❀ Mabel ❀ Lillian ❀ Minnie ❀ Honey ❀ Emily
    Amelie ❀ Daisy ❀ Florence ❀ Imogen ❀ Edna ❀ Eleanor ❀ Eva ❀ Evelyn ❀ Clara

Boys: Matthew ✿ Louis ✿ Ernest ✿ Christopher ✿ Barclay ✿ Adam ✿ Andrew
    Charlie ✿ Harrison ✿ Daniel ✿ Joshua ✿ James ✿ Thomas ✿ Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

I'm not sure about the UK, but Kirsty would seem very dated in the USA (as would Kirsten if you decided to use a longer full name). If you really love it, than use it. I love some dated names (ex Jason, Gregory, Paul) and the supposed "datedness" hasn't hindered my love for them; they don't seem dated to me. Some names seem dated to everyone (I'm thinking Gertrude, Gladys, etc), but with other names like Susan, Kirsten, or Jennifer, it is a relative term.
    So, I guess what I'm trying to say that I personally find it dated, but if you love the sound, don't let others' opinions stop you. Kirsty is still usable, it isn't like Doris.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Paul | Basil | Abram | Tobias | Samuel | Thomas | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cecilia | Cora | Delia | Helen | Helena | Lena | Raphaela | Ambrose | Elliott | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I always connect Kirsty to Kirstie Alley. I actually like it and think it works, regardless of it seeming dated. If you wanted to go with a more classic name, you could do Kristine and call her Kirsty (or Kristy even).

I'm from the UK so maybe my perspective is different, but I wouldn't bat an eye at a little Kirsty. I know one my age and she wears it just fine, it's never seemed strange or dated on her at all.

Most people wear their names pretty well, I find. And as said above, it's not as if you're naming her Doris.
    Livia, sixteen.

Top Names:

Tobias Rowan | August Dmitri | Finnian Beck
    Saskia Maeve | Bryony Lilibet | Aurelia Salome

Namelist

I know two Kirsty's one is my chiropractor the other is 20. I would be kind of surprised to see a young Kirsty but it does work.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com