Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WDYT of Emmanuel?

I dont even know what I think of this name yet! Ive just heard it and was wondering what peoples thoughts on it are.
    Boys
    Tennyson Levi// Caleb Sebastian// Jared Amias//Israel James// Caius Nathaniel// Orion Milo//Caleb Gabriel

Girls
    Ophelie Winter// Ivy Leilani// Chloe Elizabeth// Nyah Rose// Annabelle Sophia// Isadora Skye// Luna Breeze//Amara Snow// Persephone Bay

Guilty Pleasures
    Tennesee Moses// Judah Fox// Thelonios Wolfgang// Athanasios Diego// King Josiah
    //Paris Magnolia// Athena Clarisse// Azalea Meadow// Coco Mia-Bella//

This is actually a favorite of mine, but I generally spell it with one M (Emanuel) and pronounce it like it is in Portuguese, which is approximately ee-mah-nu-el. I also like the English pronunciation (ee-man-u-el), though!

Some favorites:

Silvia ~ Lila ~ Soraya ~ Maiara ~ Vitoria ~ Luna ~ Safira ~ Tulia ~ Juliana ~ Marina

Calvin ~ Felix ~ Leo ~ Francisco ~ Isaiah ~ Skandar ~ Tulio ~ Usnavi ~ Oscar ~ Emanuel

Not a fanz

When I first ever heard of the name, I assumed it was a girls name. I don't know why, I guess its just the combination of Emma and Elle...it sounds feminine
    Sienna Lux - Cordelia Wren - Halla Sage - Jadie Quinn - Lydia Sonnett - Avonlea Miar - Lila Scout - Lennox Ivy - Bridget Aria - Esme Dahlia - Leonie Winter - Briar Monroe - Anna Cecelia - Clara Rhianwen - Dakota Snow - Winslet Lake - Canary Willa

Harrison Blake -Thierry Jasper - Calder Flynn - Everett Gray - Leo Alexander - Reid Lawson - Axel Jay - Ronan Luke - Cohen Romeo - Foster Drew - Chase Elliot - Jason Arrow - Weston Kurt - Nathaniel Miles - Ryder Wilson - Ezra Bowie - Holden Beck

This is a Hebrew name meaning 'God is with us/ God is among us'. A bit of history behind the name for you:

Emmanuel (also spelt Immanuel) was the foretold name of the Messiah in the Old Testament.

As a Christian, I like the meaning. I think it's a strong name however, not very widely used anymore. That's not a bad thing though if you're going for names that aren't super popular. This is a name that has been used in England since the 16th century, so it certainly has history and is recognised, but is obviously not so widespread. If you like the name, I certainly think it would work. It's a strong solid name and has good nickname potentials, however depending on where you are it could be viewed as 'weird' if people are not familiar with it's history.

A good variation could be Manuel - (pronounced Man-wel) a name which is probably more common among Spanish and Portuguese (I always think of Manuel from the TV series 'Fawlty Towers' haha). Just an option though if you like the sound of Emmanuel, but are uncertain of how people might react or how well it will be received. In general I'd say Manuel is probably more well recognised than Emmanuel, so could be a good alternative.

Sorry, if I got off track there with the little history lesson lol.