Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

3 months to name my baby

So my husband and I have a short list that we both agree we like (to some degree)

Evelyn: we love this one, but I'm turned off by its popularity

Liesel: pronounced like Diesel with an L. we love this name, but I'm afraid people would naturally pronounce it like the girl from The Sound of Music, my husband hates it like that.

Felicity: my husband likes this one more than I do, I am not sure why I don't like it more...

As for a middle name, I want to honor my grandmother, her name was Judy Marie, I am not a big fan of either name, so maybe some help thinking of variations of them, but that isn't too far from the original?

And of course I'm open to any original ideas!

For a middle name maybe you could go with Julie .. (ju)dy Mar(ie)

That is honestly a great idea, except I have a sister in law named Julie, and I wouldn't want to name a baby after her...

Or what about Jude as a mn? I know it's usually a male name nowadays. But I've known women named Judith or Judy who when by Jude. Evelyn Jude sounds nice, so does Felicity Jude. It's funny cause I never thought I would see the name Evelyn and the word "popular" together, but it is becoming more popular. I used to be a nanny for a little girl named Evelyn, they called her Evie (prounced ee-vee). But it's not SUPER popular. I wouldn't let it deter you too much.
    Valerie. 25. Texas. Lover of words and monikers. TTC late fall 2014.

Favorite girl names:
    Lydia Rose, Violet Simone, Vivienne Claire, Aurora Juliet
    Guilty Pleasures/Crushes/Other:
    Lucienna nn Luna, Sienna, Azalea, Astrid, Eleanora nn Nora, Marcheline nn Ellie

Favorite boy names:
    Roman Alexander, Atticus Henry
    Guilty Pleasures/Crushes/Other:
    Luca, Judas nn Jude, Andreas, Hector, Ivan, August, Julian, Julius, Henry, Micah

i LOVE Liesel, I wanted to use it for my baby girl.

Maybe the following options for mn's, to go with the German origin:

Liesel Margott
    Liesel Marietta
    Liesel Magda
    Liesel Marlene