Results 1 to 5 of 18
Thread: Down to the wire!
May 30th, 2014 02:52 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2014
Down to the wire!
Hi all! We're down to 4 weeks until the due date, and my husband and I can't officially settle on anything! Is that a problem? I think we're going to take a list of 100 names with us to the delivery room We don't know if we're having a boy or a girl - so we have names galore for each of them. I apologize for going over these names again - some of them now for the third time - with you all. I just never imagined it would be this hard to make a decision! I'll list our "short" list on both - kind of in order of how we're feeling right now. I've only listed them separately, so maybe listing the boys & girls together will help figure out what goes better with what for any future sibsets. TIA!
- Henry Philip or Henry Alexander (nn Hank, I like Philip as a mn better, but our last name starts with a P, and the initials HAP are just too cute to me - we're also contemplating just Hank as the official name)
- Enoch James (nn Nucky - my husband loves Boardwalk Empire - I think it's too much/too obvious of a connection)
- Theodore Louis (nn Teddy)
- Blaise Michael (doesn't seem to fit with the others, but it's my great-grandfather's name and hubby's mn)
- Calvin James (hubby wants to call him CJ, and I don't like that, though I could get on board with Cal)
- Felix Gerald (MN is after my grandfather)
- Phoebe Elise or Phoebe Irene
- Fiona Erin
- Margot Michelle or Margot Elise
- Lucy Margaret (hubby's suggestion: I'm not crazy about it, but certainly don't dislike it entirely)
- Dorothy Anne (nn Dory)
- Sybil Susannah (husband does not like this name - but I keep trying to get him to come around - no luck yet after pushing it on him for 20+ weeks! I should probably give it up!)
- Betsy Anne (This is our "if we have a girl, and if we have her on the 4th of July," name)
Thanks AGAIN for any input. Anyone else completely clueless at this stage in the game?
May 30th, 2014 03:07 PM #3Senior Member
Mommy to Jonah Elias
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Baby "B" ON THE WAY!!
Girls: Cora, Penelope, Hannah, Felicity, Etta, Sela, Calla, Vivienne, Juliet, Winnie, Autumn, Amelia, Piper, Elodie, Celia
Boys: Bram, Cyrus, Asher, Raylan, Bastian, Tobias, Owen, Levi, Jonah, Elias, Silas, Augustus, Atticus, Harlan, Jack, Micah
May 30th, 2014 03:12 PM #5
I think these names would be my top three choices:
1 Theodore Louis - two of my faves
2 Henry Alexander - two classics
3 Felix Gerald - a saintly twosome
1 Margot Elise - Gallic perfection
2 Lucy Margaret - I like this mix of spunk and tradition. Fiona Margaret would be lovely too.
3 Dorothy Anne - two fine underused names in this modern timeAll the best,
May 30th, 2014 03:18 PM #7
May 30th, 2014 03:23 PM #9
It's okay to not be sure! You only get one chance at this after all. You'll probably be more certain about the name once you see your baby.
My favourites for a boy:
Henry Alexander (beautiful name, Henry is getting quite common though, I don't know if popularity is important to you)
Theodore Louis (nn Teddy is so cute!)
Felix Gerald (I have always loved the name Felix, lovely meaning and it's nice that you get to honour your grandfather)
My favourites for a girl:
Betsy Anne (very retro, it would be cute to see this name on a little girl)