Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The most common spellings for babes born in 2012:
    Vivian (2240), Vivienne (978), Vivien (189), Vivianne (85), Viviann (19), Viviane (13), Viviene (7)

Even though, Vivian is more popular it's still the male spelling in my head, so I'm not as fond of it. Viviane doesn't bother me as much because I read it in "The Mists of Avalon" for a female character. The only thing that makes me a little hesitant on this spelling is that the child will always be having their name misspelled, which gets pretty annoying after awhile. At the same time, if you and your husband love a spelling, it's important that you guys like it over what is the most common. My preference is Vivienne, which probably would still be spelled wrong a lot It's a beautiful name whichever way you spell it.

Edit: I know you said you only liked the Viviane spelling and your husband liked the Vivienne. I only included Vivian because it's the most popular and others had mentioned it.
    Last edited by kakin; May 28th, 2014 at 02:42 PM. Reason: clarity

And there's nothing wrong with that! It definitely could be worse! At least it looks like the name and you're not trying to make up a whole other spelling like Vivyenn or something stupid. Lol.
    Valerie. 25. Texas. Lover of words and monikers. TTC late fall 2014.

Favorite girl names:
    Lydia Rose, Violet Simone, Vivienne Claire, Aurora Juliet
    Guilty Pleasures/Crushes/Other:
    Lucienna nn Luna, Sienna, Azalea, Astrid, Eleanora nn Nora, Marcheline nn Ellie

Favorite boy names:
    Roman Alexander, Atticus Henry
    Guilty Pleasures/Crushes/Other:
    Luca, Judas nn Jude, Andreas, Hector, Ivan, August, Julian, Julius, Henry, Micah

Quote Originally Posted by vofarrell26 View Post
    And there's nothing wrong with that! It definitely could be worse! At least it looks like the name and you're not trying to make up a whole other spelling like Vivyenn or something stupid. Lol.
    True

Also, turns out that in Quebec, our French speaking province here in Canada, Viviane is the most popular spelling, while almost no one uses any of the other spellings. Maybe I'm onto something here... I guess then that in Canada, to give the name an authentic French flair, Viviane is the spelling to use.
    Last edited by charlottej; May 28th, 2014 at 04:36 PM.

I agree with you--there's just something about Viviane. I like Vivian, too, and both of the respective French and English pronunciations. Vivienne I'm not a fan of. I agree with pps that it looks overly frilly and trendy.

It sounds like Viviane is actually a very viable option for you, since you're in Quebec. Keep pushing for it if you love it!
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Odette Cosima Fionnuala Iphigenia Coraline
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

I'm not much a fan of Vivienne but actually do like Viviane. Maybe pronunciation problems though (vivi- anne)?
    Mummy of Arthur Genki -born 25th November 2014 <3

Edmund / Linden
    Daisy / Rosamund