Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I don't really have anything to add, since the suggestions sound so good... I'm curious to hear what Starr likes from them.

Want to chime back in?

Samantha is pretty enough, it just feels really dated to me. How about Samara instead? nn Sam

I like Harper and I think it's spunky--just depends on whether or how much the popularity/trendiness factor bothers you.

Layla - I have a sister named Leila, so I am partial to this spelling. She loves the uniqueness of her name, and always gets compliments. I don't see it as super spunky, but it is pretty.

Annabelle - I love this name spelled Annabel. Annabelle is a bit frilly for me. But i think it has spunk for sure.

The other names feel trendy and dated to me, so I'm glad they didnt make it to the final list!

Some names that I consider spunky:
    Avery
    Beatrix
    Clio/Cleo
    Coralie
    Cordelia
    Eliza
    Fiona
    Gwen
    Hazel
    Ivy
    Isla
    Juniper
    Juno
    Kira
    Lorelei
    Leonie
    Matilda
    Mila
    Nina
    Nola
    Nova
    Odette
    Oona
    Phoebe
    Piper
    Penelope
    Quinn
    Ramona
    Ruby
    Sage
    Stella
    Tess
    Verity
    Vesper
    Wren
    Zoe
    Cora | Gwyneth | Hazel | Penelope | Sylvie | Thea
    Archer | Emmett | Ezra | Leo | Rhys | Theo

From your list, I like Samantha, Layla, and Annabel. I dislike unisex names. How about:

Lola
    Mirabelle
    Ruby
    Delaney
    Morgan
    Maisie

Samantha- I don't find this spunky or unique at all. In fact, I think it's pretty boring, even with the nickname Sam. I've always associated the name Samantha with a diva (actually, a bratty girl) because of a little devil I met in fifth grade.

Harper- This is super trendy right now, so no uniqueness to this. It is pretty spunky though.

Layla- I prefer the spelling Leila, but this is probably my favorite name on this list.

Annabelle- Not really spunky in my opinion but it fits the personality of how you described your daughter.
    Abby
    Competitive dancer, hopeful writer, sophomore in high school, and most importantly, name obsessed.

Bows: Adair Elowen ~ Adalyn Faith ~ Iris Magdelen ~ Lila Romilly ~ Leonor Violet ~ Maeve Tallulah ~ Moira Seraphine ~ Sadie Caroline

Beaus: Archer Murray ~ Carter Jameson ~ Jasper Elias ~ Leo Finnegan ~ Nolan Christopher ~ Ronan August ~ Ryder Matthias ~ Torin Memphis

anything is possible from fifth position

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    Hmm, none of those names seem very speak spunk or personality, to me.
    I find it interesting that you dislike unisex names, as Addison, Emerson, Taylor, Peyton and Harper are all very conventionally unisex.

Anyhow, I'd say probably the spunkiest bel/belle name is Jezebel, though people usually either love or hate that name, and I don't know which you are.

Suggestions:

Amandine
    Carlotta nn Lotta, Lotte
    Elisabeth - I don't know if spunky Victorian's what you're going for, but it's pretty much the world's most versatile name.
    Pandora
    Cora, Coral, Coralie, Coraline
    Freya
    Ailsa
    Alexandrine (are all -lex- names out of the running?)
    Leonor, Lenore
    Jessamy
    Eliora, Liora - lovely meaning, "my light"
    Brielle
    I DO like unisex names Sorry for the misunderstanding. And I really like almost all of the names you suggested, thanks so much for the help. You gave me a lot to think about!