Results 1 to 5 of 20
Thread: Desperate for name help, :-(
May 28th, 2014 12:14 AM #1
Desperate for name help, :-(
*sigh* So here I am again. The baby's father has said that he will not say he likes a name unless he thinks it could be the one, which means I have no idea what types of names he likes or why he doesn't like the thousands if names I have suggested. I know I am grasping at straws here, so I will give you my best guessed stipulations and hope you all are better at hunting down names than I am.
- No "hippie" nature names, word names, occupation names and especially no place names.
- Nicknames unfortunately seem to be a must, so if the intuitive nickname is lousy it is out. Alex is also off limits.
- Strong, manly names. He said he wanted a warrior name, but I made several lists of over 200 names total and he didn't find anything he liked, so I am going to broaden that to no unisex names. Oh but we will accept names that mean peace or calm, to honor my grandmother.
-popularity isn't a huge deal, but preferably something a little less mainstream. I wouldn't want anything in the top 500 but I guess I can't be too picky at this point. We live in the US.
- I also like connections to mythology, literature, or history, but none are nessessary.
- Middle name may or may not be Thomas. Last name sounds like Nap.
- My heritage is Italian, Irish, and Scottish. His is Irish, French and Native American. Doesn't have to have any of these origins, but bonus points if they are.
Well, hopefully this gets a few name names to try out, and maybe even a winner! Thank you all so much for taking the time to read and reply to my post.Mommy to a beautiful baby boy!Griffin Adam~~~~~~Favorite girls names: Mirabelle Irene, Aurora Faye, Seraphina Louise, Cordelia Isobel, Serena Lux, Rosamund Fable, Elowen Phoenix, Evelyn Willow, Calliope Eve
May 28th, 2014 12:22 AM #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
May 28th, 2014 12:48 AM #5
I actually really like Killian, and it isn't a name I have suggested yet! Thank you so much.
Does anyone else have any ideas?Mommy to a beautiful baby boy!Griffin Adam~~~~~~Favorite girls names: Mirabelle Irene, Aurora Faye, Seraphina Louise, Cordelia Isobel, Serena Lux, Rosamund Fable, Elowen Phoenix, Evelyn Willow, Calliope Eve
May 28th, 2014 01:01 AM #7Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
Yikes, I think your criteria for his name looks a lot more daunting than it really is. Let's see... (These are all outside the top 100.)
Anything? Maybe to at least give us a better starting place?
May 28th, 2014 01:17 AM #9