Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Barbie Princess Name Choices

Last night, my sister and I were discussing movies we used to love as children. When Mikayla (my sister) was little, she really enjoyed the series of Barbie princess movies, and, with us sharing a room, her elder sister (me) was subjected to all of them repeatedly - to the point where I even enjoyed them a bit too (I would have been into the first couple, but once I hit 10, I stopped liking them as much as my 7 year old sister did ).

As we were talking, we looked up the names of the various characters. They are:

Erika
    Anneliese
    Luciana
    Odette
    Rosella
    Alexa
    Blair*
    Clara
    Liana
    Merliah
    Annika
    Brietta
    Catania
    Isla*
    Alexa*
    Hadley*
    Gina
    Graciella
    Katrina
    Lorena
    Sofia
    Victoria
    Trevi
    Portia
    Rita
    Lumina
    Meredith
    Melody
    Miranda

(names with a * were used more than once in different films)

And the 12 Dancing Princesses:

Ashlyn, Blair, Courtney, Delia, Edeline, Fallon, Genevieve, Hadley, Isla, Janessa, Kathleen & Lacey. (In birth order)

I think my favourites would have to be; Delia, Edeline, Fallon(GP), Genevieve, Hadley(GP), Isla, Kathleen, Lacey(GP), Meredith, Miranda, Anneliese, Annika, Clara, Lorena, Liana, and Sofia.

What names do you like best from the list?

Also: If you could rename the 12 Dancing Princesses (using the A,B,C,D...pattern), what would you name them?
    Last edited by lawsonhaley; May 27th, 2014 at 10:12 AM.

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

Current Favorites

Harper . Olivia . Sidney
    Elliott . Sawyer . Reid . Bennett

I like:
    Erika
    Anneliese
    Luciana
    Blair*
    Clara
    Hadley*
    Katrina
    Melody
    Edelina
    Genevieve
    Lacey

Some of the 12 dancing princess names don't sound like princesses... who's ever heard of a princess named Ashlyn or Courtney? I would rename them:

Adelaide, Brynna, Christina, Delilah, Evelina, Fiona, Guinevere, Hazel, Isabelle, Josephina, Katarina, and Laelia
    SparkleNinja18
    Competitive dancer, hopeful writer, sophomore in high school, and most importantly, name obsessed.

Bows: Adair Elowen ~ Adalyn Faith ~ Iris Magdelen ~ Lila Romilly ~ Leonor Violet ~ Maeve Tallulah ~ Sadie Caroline ~ Thea Rowan

Beaus: Archer Murray ~ Canaan Wilder ~ Carter Jameson ~ Jasper Elias ~ Nolan Christopher ~ Ronan August ~ Ryder Matthias ~ Torin Memphis

you know you're a dancer when... your dance bag smells like something died in it

I really like (i.e. Have on my list):
    Erika (Okay, not on my list, but I know the nicest Erica, so I've started to warm to the name.)
    Anneliese (New crush, would honour my mum)
    Luciana
    Odette
    Clara
    Isla
    Lorena (Just can't resist an -ena/-enna name)
    I also know an Annika, but I'm not a fan of the name.

As for renaming the 12 dancing princesses: Arabella, Beatrix, Cassandra, Demetra, Evanthe, Frances, Ginevra, Hermione, Isadora, Jessamine, Kyra, & Lowenna.
    I never thought I'd ever even associate myself with Barbie, let alone rename the 12 dancing princesses... How I got here I don't know. :P
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ✦ Pandora Valencia Fae ✧ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ✦
    Little Misses
    ✧ Caspian Sherlock Walter ✦ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ✧
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

I like Melody, Meredith, Isla, Ashlyn, and Delia.

I would rename them: Amity, Blythe, Camille, Dahlia, Estelle, Fiona, Gemma, Harmony, Indira, Julia, Keelah, and Lexa.