Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Barbie Princess Name Choices

Last night, my sister and I were discussing movies we used to love as children. When Mikayla (my sister) was little, she really enjoyed the series of Barbie princess movies, and, with us sharing a room, her elder sister (me) was subjected to all of them repeatedly - to the point where I even enjoyed them a bit too (I would have been into the first couple, but once I hit 10, I stopped liking them as much as my 7 year old sister did ).

As we were talking, we looked up the names of the various characters. They are:

Erika
    Anneliese
    Luciana
    Odette
    Rosella
    Alexa
    Blair*
    Clara
    Liana
    Merliah
    Annika
    Brietta
    Catania
    Isla*
    Alexa*
    Hadley*
    Gina
    Graciella
    Katrina
    Lorena
    Sofia
    Victoria
    Trevi
    Portia
    Rita
    Lumina
    Meredith
    Melody
    Miranda

(names with a * were used more than once in different films)

And the 12 Dancing Princesses:

Ashlyn, Blair, Courtney, Delia, Edeline, Fallon, Genevieve, Hadley, Isla, Janessa, Kathleen & Lacey. (In birth order)

I think my favourites would have to be; Delia, Edeline, Fallon(GP), Genevieve, Hadley(GP), Isla, Kathleen, Lacey(GP), Meredith, Miranda, Anneliese, Annika, Clara, Lorena, Liana, and Sofia.

What names do you like best from the list?

Also: If you could rename the 12 Dancing Princesses (using the A,B,C,D...pattern), what would you name them?
    Last edited by lawsonhaley; May 27th, 2014 at 10:12 AM.
    eighteen, no babies yet, but thinking about;

~Tillie, Myrtle, Bessie, Millie, Minnie, Louisa, Amelie, Elsie, Ethel, Florence, Doris, Nellie
    Agatha, Mildred, Lillian, Eleanor, Florrie, Betsy, Violet, Esme, Daisy, Poppy, Martha, Beatrice~

~Neville, Matthew, Richard, Ernest, Alfie, Thomas, Walter, Louis, Christopher, Henry, Harry
    James, Albert, Joshua, Percy, Freddie, Andrew, George, Kit, Edward, Mark, Kieran, Emery, Tristan~

♥ Current Favorites ♥

Adelaide Wren | Madeleine Opal | Emmeline Carys

John Sawyer | Elliott Grey | August Theodore | Reid Harrison | Finley Abraham | Bennett Ezra

I like:
    Erika
    Anneliese
    Luciana
    Blair*
    Clara
    Hadley*
    Katrina
    Melody
    Edelina
    Genevieve
    Lacey

Some of the 12 dancing princess names don't sound like princesses... who's ever heard of a princess named Ashlyn or Courtney? I would rename them:

Adelaide, Brynna, Christina, Delilah, Evelina, Fiona, Guinevere, Hazel, Isabelle, Josephina, Katarina, and Laelia
    SparkleNinja18
    Not a mom, not expecting, just a teenager dreaming and a writer collecting.

Bows: Adalyn Faith ~ Elsie Adeline ~ Iris Magdelen ~ Lila Romilly ~ Leonor ? ~ Maeve Tallulah ~ Sadie Caroline

Beaus: Archer Murray ~ Carter James ~ Jasper James ~ Nolan Christopher ~ Ronan August ~ Ryder Matthias ~ Torin Matthias

Name of the Week: Leda Persephone

I really like (i.e. Have on my list):
    Erika (Okay, not on my list, but I know the nicest Erica, so I've started to warm to the name.)
    Anneliese (New crush, would honour my mum)
    Luciana
    Odette
    Clara
    Isla
    Lorena (Just can't resist an -ena/-enna name)
    I also know an Annika, but I'm not a fan of the name.

As for renaming the 12 dancing princesses: Arabella, Beatrix, Cassandra, Demetra, Evanthe, Frances, Ginevra, Hermione, Isadora, Jessamine, Kyra, & Lowenna.
    I never thought I'd ever even associate myself with Barbie, let alone rename the 12 dancing princesses... How I got here I don't know. :P
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ♥ Pandora Valencia Fae ♥ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ♥
    Little Misses
    ♡ Caspian Sherlock Walter ♡ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ♡
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    Mycroft Holmes | Sherlock (BBC) | His Last Vow

I like Melody, Meredith, Isla, Ashlyn, and Delia.

I would rename them: Amity, Blythe, Camille, Dahlia, Estelle, Fiona, Gemma, Harmony, Indira, Julia, Keelah, and Lexa.