Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Love _____, But Not ______

Are their any names that you love, but hate a very similar name? Maybe you don't hate the name, but it just doesn't share the appeal of its counterpart. Maybe one has a negative connotation for you, but the other is lovely.

Do you have any examples of this?

I have a few, but I think the most prominent for me is that I adore Clara, but severely dislike Claire.
    Ashley l Christian l Journalist

Lorelei Anne, Hermione Iris, Rosalind Cora

Phineas Reid

I love Sophie, but only mildly like Sophia.
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

I love Hugh, but I'm not that fond of Hugo.
    Lovely Ladies: Edith nn Edie, Ada, Millie, Honor nn Nora, Elinor, Beatrice nn Bea, Eloise, Elizabeth nn Lilibet, Ina, Lucy, Cecily/Cecilia, Lillian nn Lily, and Clara

Dashing Gents: Hugh, Edmund, Rowan, Fulton, Oliver nn Ollie, Jasper, Christopher nn Kit, Theodore, Vincent, Benedict, Joseph, and Graham/Graeme

Guilty Pleasures: Remus nn Remy, Rufus, Ezra, Emerson, Joaquin, Albus, Shepherd, Armand // Maud, Agnes, Penelope, and Constance

I'm with you on Clara and Claire. Clara is lovely, but Claire makes me cringe.

I love Emilia, but I'm not a fan of Amelia. Finley is one of my favorites, but I don't like Finlay at all.
    Last edited by alexnj; May 26th, 2014 at 02:21 AM.
    ♥ Current Favorites ♥

Adelaide Wren | Madeleine Opal | Emmeline Carys

John Sawyer | Elliott Grey | August Theodore | Reid Harrison | Finley Abraham | Bennett Ezra

Mine is a bit ridiculous. I LOVE Austen, but don't like Austin.
    Austen to me feels distinguished, is a last-name for a first name (which I love), has the literary connotations, whereas Austin just feels like a cowboy name, there's Austin in Texas, and Austin Powers.
    Silly stuff I know, but that's how I feel. Plus we pronounce them slightly differently, Austen is a bit softer.
    ~ Finally starting TTC October 2014! ~

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah

Charlotte Evangeline|Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth