Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I'm INTP. I imagine my type with either a very sleek, clean name or a monstrously elaborate name. Maybe just some unusual letters. Something you don't see all the time. At least, those are what I've always liked for myself.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah

I am very much an ENTP- nonconformist; challenges norms. My love of "out there", gender benders, and nature names makes sense. ENTPs wouldn't go with trendy or popular but with obscure or unusual. Some of my faves:

Myth: Pallas, Luxor, Mars
    Words: Kismet, Azure, Winsome
    Nature: Lazuli, Ibis, Orchid
    Biblical: Asherah, Seraphim, Selah

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

I, personally, have found that the Myers-briggs gives me a different result each time. It could easily be my own error, but I'm skeptical of it all the same.

But, for the sake of playing along: I am either an INTP, INFP, INTJ, or INFJ.

My name taste is all over the place. I love unusual-but-real names. Clementine, Xanthe, and Philo are my usual favorites. I like vintage names (Louisa, Edwin, Rose, Thomas) but sometimes they just feel so boring. And I like bizarre word names (November, Tuesday, Prosper) but I worry about them seeming ridiculous.
    Last edited by ameliawilliams; May 27th, 2014 at 09:13 PM.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I have always been curious as to how a person's name affects their personality development. My own name is quite rare, but traditional with a non-traditional spelling, and on the romantic side. I'm an INFJ, and my name definitely reinforced my identity as a kid. As an adult, I love traditional names but loath non-traditional spellings.

I think S types typically have common, mainstream names for their generation. Ns tend to have common and unusual names.

I have a theory that people who grow up with off-trend names are very rarely S types. My own name, for instance, would be on-trend for current babies, but was very off-trend for my generation in the 70s/80s. From my observation, Ns tend to have both common and uncommon names. Ss (especially SJs) almost always have mainstream ones.

Quote Originally Posted by orchid_lover View Post
    Introverted types are more likely to need an icebreaker, though.
    That’s not necessarily true. There are plenty of outgoing introverts and awkward extroverts. The introversion/extroversion continuum is a reflection of one’s internal/external energy source, not a reflection of one’s ability to socialize.

In response to the original post, I do think that names can reflect background and other nurture inducing traits. However, the personality traits reflected in Myers Briggs can’t be predicted by expectant parents so I don’t think that it’s possible to associate a name with any particular Myers Briggs type. Moreover, individuals usually test differently depending on the stage they are at in their lives. As we age and develop new skills our results are pretty much guaranteed to evolve. So Elizabeth at 16 might be an ESFP, but at 40 she could be an INFJ.

Sorry. I know I sound like a complete buzz kill. I just generally think that name preferences can largely be attributed to environment and exposure rather than personality. Very interesting topic though. Really made me think.
    TTC 2014

Adair, Alice, Arabella, Blythe, Celia, Claire, Elizabeth, Isobel, Madeline,

Archer, Bennett, Deacon, Emmett, Everett, Ezra, James, Malcolm, Malachi, Nathaniel